My Cognoscenti :p

BeCkiey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it in April... been playing with it... Very nice feel!

All white = ivory

Cogno01.jpg

Cogno02.jpg

Cogno03.jpg

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Very nice Cognoscenti cue, I like it.
Coincedently, I took my fancy Cog out today to try a couple of new shafts I picked up in a trade deal.
The rings are the same as your cue, but my Cog is an older cue and the joint collar is black.
My new Cog shafts have the same rings with an ivory collar, and although I didn't think I would like the white / black contrast,
I decided it looks pretty cool, and I'm not going to have Joe Gold change the ivory to black phenolic.

My question is, did you order your cue with a white joint collar / black shaft collars, or is that the way the are made these days.
If we were to trade shafts you would have white white and I would have all black black.
Either way the rings bring it all together, and these are incredible playing cues.

Cognoscenti015.jpg

Cognoscenti024.jpg

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Coincedently, I took my fancy Cog out today to try a couple of new shafts I picked up in a trade deal.
The rings are the same as your cue, but my Cog is an older cue and the joint collar is black.

You don't need that fancy Cog, Ted. You've got others to bang around with. Send it to me. ;)

Hope you're well, sir.

To the OP - Nice cue! I dig it.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You don't need that fancy Cog, Ted. You've got others to bang around with. Send it to me. ;)

Hope you're well, sir.

To the OP - Nice cue! I dig it.

Could be too much cue for you, plus it doesn't have the signature 8-ball Rat joint.
I think something like this would be more your style...:smile:

Tad001-1.jpg

BeCkiey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new Cog shafts have the same rings with an ivory collar, and although I didn't think I would like the white / black contrast,
I decided it looks pretty cool, and I'm not going to have Joe Gold change the ivory to black phenolic.

My question is, did you order your cue with a white joint collar / black shaft collars, or is that the way the are made these days.
If we were to trade shafts you would have white white and I would have all black black.
Either way the rings bring it all together, and these are incredible playing cues.

Cognoscenti015.jpg

Cognoscenti024.jpg

It came with the same black collared shafts... I am thinking of ordering 1 or 2 ivory collared / ferrule from Joe...

I used both shafts... dont think trade is an option...

Somehow, I found that.... white/black looks rather good...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
It came with the same black collared shafts... I am thinking of ordering 1 or 2 ivory collared / ferrule from Joe...

I used both shafts... dont think trade is an option...

Somehow, I found that.... white/black looks rather good...

OK, forget the shaft trade, it would be easier, and make more sense to just trade the whole cue...:idea2:

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Could be too much cue for you, plus it doesn't have the signature 8-ball Rat joint.
I think something like this would be more your style...:smile:

Tad001-1.jpg

You cut me deep, sir.

Deep as can be.......

;)

Okay. I stand corrected. SEND THE TAD, INSTEAD!!

Have a great weekend, Ted.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Wow...what an absolutely beautiful Cog!!! I really like the design...the Tuxedo...the floating points...very nice!

Darrub75

Registered
Hey guys, Quick question for everybody that has or had an ivory jointe Cog...

Do you find that the ivory joint plays and different than the phenollic joint? I know most Cog's play the same regardless of design. So I was really wondering if the ivory joint changed the hit? And if so, do you like it better?

Thanks

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Joe Gold Cog!

Beautiful cue you have. Thank you for sharing with us cue freaks!
Enjoy it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darrub75...Since the ivory is just a sleeve on the joint, it has no effect on the hit of the cue. It's just for looks...and it looks good! :grin-square:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hey guys, Quick question for everybody that has or had an ivory jointe Cog...

Do you find that the ivory joint plays and different than the phenollic joint? I know most Cog's play the same regardless of design. So I was really wondering if the ivory joint changed the hit? And if so, do you like it better?

Thanks