Level , Diamond Smart Table

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 3.1/2 by 7 ft Diamond smart table that I
had to move... Now I need to level it ..
I see that there are 2 3/4 inch nuts on each leg.
One is a locking nut and the other is for the adjustment,
I think ... Which one is which ?
Any suggestions would help...
Bud

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a 3.1/2 by 7 ft Diamond smart table that I
had to move... Now I need to level it ..
I see that there are 2 3/4 inch nuts on each leg.
One is a locking nut and the other is for the adjustment,
I think ... Which one is which ?
Any suggestions would help...
Bud

The top nut is for adjusting the level of the table, the bottom nut is a jam nut to keep the carriage bolt tight in the foot of the leg. Counter clockwise raises the table:grin:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, for the smart table, when leveling, what is the correct way to do it ? Is it best to do each end first and then the length ? As far as the length of the level. I was going to use a 2ft on the ends and a 4 ft for the length. Is it best to put the level on the bed or on the rail ? What size wrench for the leg nut adjusters ? The top nut raises, as you stated (counter clockwise to raise), you said the bottom nut is a jam nut. After leveling do you screw the jam nut down to the bottom or up to the top next to the washer by the top nut ? Subscribing to the thread, for reference..............

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, for the smart table, when leveling, what is the correct way to do it ? Is it best to do each end first and then the length ?

Side to side has to be leveled out first, to remove any twist in the frame. When leveling the table this way, you keep leveling it side to side until there is no longer any changes from one end to the other.

After the side to side is level, then adjust the end to end by raising the low end to level with the high end. You adjust the levelers with a 3/4" open end wrench. The jam nut is to keep the bolt tight to the foot block, and has nothing to do with locking the adjusting nut in place, just make sure it's tight in place first.

Glen