New Cue Build

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted this in the As the Cue maker section but didn’t get much traffic so I will try it here. I am looking at having a new custom cue made and wanted to get some options on the design. I want a Birdseye maple forearm with 4 curly maple points without veneers. A curly maple butt with 4 Birdseye windows.

I know the points and windows will not pop but I feel the craftsmanship will show when someone takes a closer look at the cue.

Has anyone seen or made a cue like this? Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to consider color, tint and shade of chosen woods.
cue makers won't stain unless you request.
do you want wrapless, string, leather, lizard, have you thought about the joint pin, steel, glass, brass?
how about the joint collar, wood, stainless, ivory, juma, what about the size, 1"inch, 1/2"inch, 3/4'inch?
Flat face joint, Piloted joint? dress collars? thickness of collars, 1/2"inch, 1/4"inch? color?
are you sure about the total length of cue? should it be 18oz, 19oz, 20oz?
do you want the cue cored? which wood will you use for the core if wanted?
do you want a 5oz shaft, 4oz shaft, 3oz shaft? shaft diameter at ferrule, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm? shaft taper?
ferrule material? tip? want a pad with that?
Butt sleeve length? butt cap material? color? height of butt cap?
bumper less, bumper? bumper style?
Cue diameter? skinny cue, fat cue, bushka taper?, spain taper?

why don't you just buy a meucci, mcDermott, schon (freeway jammin'?)

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not seen a maple on maple i liked and they had veneers. Think you will be disappointed with the result.

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to consider color, tint and shade of chosen woods.

cue makers won't stain unless you request.

do you want wrapless, string, leather, lizard, have you thought about the joint pin, steel, glass, brass?

how about the joint collar, wood, stainless, ivory, juma, what about the size, 1"inch, 1/2"inch, 3/4'inch?

Flat face joint, Piloted joint? dress collars? thickness of collars, 1/2"inch, 1/4"inch? color?

are you sure about the total length of cue? should it be 18oz, 19oz, 20oz?

do you want the cue cored? which wood will you use for the core if wanted?

do you want a 5oz shaft, 4oz shaft, 3oz shaft? shaft diameter at ferrule, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm? shaft taper?

ferrule material? tip? want a pad with that?

Butt sleeve length? butt cap material? color? height of butt cap?

bumper less, bumper? bumper style?

Cue diameter? skinny cue, fat cue, bushka taper?, spain taper?

why don't you just buy a meucci, mcDermott, schon (freeway jammin'?)

I have the specs already. I was looking to see about the wood choices. Plain brown collars with flat faced joint and a solid tan linen wrap. Small brown butt cap. 12.8 mm shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk