Rooms for expo

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just in case this takes place I booked for the new dates. I do 3 days. The regular rate is $151. I was able to purchase for the senior rate of $143.
The expo website says to mention the expo to get special rates. The expo rates are really special. $175. Book early and don't mention the expo. I can't understand how they can do this ????

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think so, I always thought when I large group was coming in they would get a lower rate even if only $10.
If you are going book now. You can always cancel later. I hope the event takes place, but i have to sympathy for the hotels that do this if it is cancelled and they lose money.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just in case this takes place I booked for the new dates. I do 3 days. The regular rate is $151. I was able to purchase for the senior rate of $143.
The expo website says to mention the expo to get special rates. The expo rates are really special. $175. Book early and don't mention the expo. I can't understand how they can do this ????
EVERY hotel does this. In most states if you look on the door of a room it lists the max they can charge for a room. Most always stay below that but not always by very much. I'll be surprised if this is over by April.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think so, I always thought when I large group was coming in they would get a lower rate even if only $10.
If you are going book now. You can always cancel later. I hope the event takes place, but i have to sympathy for the hotels that do this if it is cancelled and they lose money.
Joel...With the Covid numbers still climbing, and the health experts predicting another 100,000+ US deaths in the coming months, I think it's VERY unlikely that the Expo will come off. Same thing with the DCC...sad but true.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour