Billiards in Nashville Tn./Bowling Green Ky. area

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
In Bowling Green visiting Nashville area. Any suggestions as to what to check out.
8/13 — 8/22/19.
Thanks for any input.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are looking for action or a spot to bang some balls around? Most of the rooms from Clarksville to the Nashville area all have diamond 7 foot tables, the room in Madison a burb of Nashville has maybe 2 big tables, there are 2 rooms in Clarksville only one room has one big blue label diamond and I understand that guys have been going off for a grand a game in one hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Not looking for action so to speak. Might consider small race like to 5 for $10. But mainly looking to hit some balls with friendly folks and chat.
Non smoker so not hitting smoking rooms. Does seem to cut down the options.

Checked out Cue Time in Bowling Green. Seemed nice and friendly too.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every Saturday night J.O.B's has a $10 dollar entry blind draw scotch doubles tourney that starts around 7pm. Could be a good way to meet some folks and have a chance to win some money. I have gone a few times....buddy of mine won it z few weeks ago and won $325 dollars I think.

As mentioned it is smoky, action is not hard to find, food is ok, and it is one of the oldest pool pool halls in the southeast.

Bowling green is a college town, so I imagine there are plenty of bars and frat dudes banging balls around.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finding a non smoking in this part of TN is almost impossible but the One room in Clarksville has exhaust fans to help, but your going to still leave there smelling like a cig and would need to shower! That is probably one of the first things I have to do when get to the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear ya there. I will go in anywhere to play/hang out. I got friends who flat refuse to go in any smoking establishment. I wonder how he would have survived 30 years ago when folks were smoking in movie theaters, airplanes, restaurants...heck everywhere.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Lol. 30 plus years ago I smoked. Got smarter ( all would not agree). If smoked filled establishment were the only local option (Maine). I would only shoot at home or find another pastime.
During 1 league I sub for a fellow that had had an accident. Several smoking locations, eye drops, gum and clothes off going through the door at home hitting the shower.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. 30 plus years ago I smoked. Got smarter ( all would not agree). If smoked filled establishment were the only local option (Maine). I would only shoot at home or find another pastime.
During 1 league I sub for a fellow that had had an accident. Several smoking locations, eye drops, gum and clothes off going through the door at home hitting the shower.

Good on ya for quitting those things. I am not a smoker myself, but smoky old pool rooms never really bothered me. Sucks to get home smelling like an ashtray.

Melrose Billiards might be an option for you. They are smoke free until 10 pm, although last time I was in there it was

Founded in 1944, Melrose Billiard Parlor is Nashville’s most iconic dive bar. We’re a classic bar offering drinks at yesteryear prices, pool, ping pong, games, and classic bar food. Dive on down to our underground hideaway and have a cold one in a bar that’s been loved for decades.

Pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, darts, bar food & cold beer. Smoke free ’til 10pm. Although last time I was in there it was full of hipsters....definitely a millenial hangout

Sunday-Friday – 4pm-3am
Saturday – 11am-3am

Metal Mondays – all metal, all night
Cheap-Ass Wednesdays – 1/2 off beer, wine & well drinks* all day
Service Industry Sundays – The weekend for those that work on the weekend.

2600 8th Ave S #108
Nashville, TN 37204
615-678-5489

Last edited:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to suggest Cue Time in bowling green but see you already tried it. It’s probably one of the better options close by.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Wish there were more like you.
GL to you.
Take a minute to visit the Grand National museum.

Not looking for action so to speak. Might consider small race like to 5 for $10. But mainly looking to hit some balls with friendly folks and chat.
Non smoker so not hitting smoking rooms. Does seem to cut down the options.

Checked out Cue Time in Bowling Green. Seemed nice and friendly too.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Like to reach out and thank Jim ( unknown to me AZBer ) for reaching out to a local (Bowling Green Ky.) friend of his which stop by while I was shooting at Cue Time. Really helps break the ice at a new location. I would recommend Cue Time to any and all visitors to the area as is is clean, friendly, prices are only surpassed by the people.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good on ya for quitting those things. I am not a smoker myself, but smoky old pool rooms never really bothered me. Sucks to get home smelling like an ashtray.

Melrose Billiards might be an option for you. They are smoke free until 10 pm, although last time I was in there it was

Founded in 1944, Melrose Billiard Parlor is Nashville’s most iconic dive bar. We’re a classic bar offering drinks at yesteryear prices, pool, ping pong, games, and classic bar food. Dive on down to our underground hideaway and have a cold one in a bar that’s been loved for decades.

Pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, darts, bar food & cold beer. Smoke free ’til 10pm. Although last time I was in there it was full of hipsters....definitely a millenial hangout

Sunday-Friday – 4pm-3am
Saturday – 11am-3am

Metal Mondays – all metal, all night
Cheap-Ass Wednesdays – 1/2 off beer, wine & well drinks* all day
Service Industry Sundays – The weekend for those that work on the weekend.

2600 8th Ave S #108
Nashville, TN 37204
615-678-5489

Melrose is right down the street from my highschool, John Overton. A group of us would go after school and play. Man, time flies.