What’s your favorite pool commentary video?

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, it’s the back and forth discussions with Jay Halfert and Daniel from POV Pool during the 2018 West Coast Challenge 10-ball match between SVB and Alex Pagulayan.

The match was awesome, but I thought the discussion and commentary between Jay and Daniel was better than any other I’ve heard before.

Here’s the link to the match: https://youtu.be/cZK7LB2uZsQ

What’s your favorite commentary during a match? Please share a link!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think there’s a lot of good commentators out there I’m happy to hear.
... but I got a new one now that I like....Bobby Hunter at the American 14.1 this week.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of Freddy's commentary, during the Kalamazoo US One Pocket Open events, is priceless.

Lou Figueroa

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, it’s the back and forth discussions with Jay Halfert and Daniel from POV Pool during the 2018 West Coast Challenge 10-ball match between SVB and Alex Pagulayan.

The match was awesome, but I thought the discussion and commentary between Jay and Daniel was better than any other I’ve heard before.

Here’s the link to the match: https://youtu.be/cZK7LB2uZsQ

What’s your favorite commentary during a match? Please share a link!

I have not found much new commentary that is even close to the Accu-Stats stuff with Grady, Billy, Buddy and others. I swear half the time Buddy Hall was just laughing at the banter between Grady and Billy.

The TAR and CSI commentary was pretty good with Cotton, Frddie and others. I am a bit biased since one of the years they were at Griffs, since I know Freddie I got to sit at the table the commentators were using right behind the booth and spent two days chatting with them and players ans they wandered around.

A specific one I like is the first TAR SVB vs Duel, they had a rotating cast of commentators and there was a lot of chatting between them, which I like a lot more than just hearing "he is going to shoot the 6 next".

Last edited:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentary for the Mike Sigel vs Larry Liscotti straight pool match is hilarious. The three, one which was Danny DiLiberto, had such fun chemistry. Also helped that both players were mic'ed up which made it even better.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked it when Buddy and Grady would commentate. Grady would always say crazy s^*t that would crack Buddy up.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was an early Earl match.. Billy Incardona, Buddy and Nick Varner..
absolutely hilarious.. all of 'em ripping on Earl a little.

Billy & Grady on those old 1P matches was gold :cool:

Sure beats some of the streaming commentary.. guys eating
while they're talking.. there was one where a guy kept drinking
soda while talking, you could here the ice rattling in a plastic
cup real loud.. sheesh.

Last edited:

FRDennis

Registered
I really enjoyed Jeremy Jones commentating during the Las Vegas 9 ball & Predator 10 Ball events. He went into detail quite often on why how you would or should play position. Hopefully he enjoys it & does more in the future. Very insightful.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked it when Buddy and Grady would commentate. Grady would always say crazy s^*t that would crack Buddy up.

probably the funniest pair for me. extra funny when buddy would need a second or two to digest grady's deadpan sarcasm and then begin to chuckle

another more recent one i remember laughing hard at was when daniel/povpool let rodney morris and bryant do the commentary

nick varner and melling commentating 8-ball was probably the most insightful i heard in a long time. wish varner would do more commentating

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a video floating around of a 9ball match between Gary Nolan and Keith McCready. At some point early in the match, Grady started cursing. Then the rest of the commentary went VERY raunchy. Pat never released the tape but I got a copy from Grady. I don’t have it anymore, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I really enjoyed Jeremy Jones commentating during the Las Vegas 9 ball & Predator 10 Ball events. He went into detail quite often on why how you would or should play position. Hopefully he enjoys it & does more in the future. Very insightful.

I'll agree with this as well. His voice is smooth, too. Sometimes I mistake him for a very tired Bobby LeBlanc.

I liked hearing Alex one time during the Seminole finals with Rodney and Archer. I think it was 2010

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'll agree with this as well. His voice is smooth, too. Sometimes I mistake him for a very tired Bobby LeBlanc.

I liked hearing Alex one time during the Seminole finals with Rodney and Archer. I think it was 2010

Alex was amazingly good at one hole...he and Josh Roberts are a good team.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a video floating around of a 9ball match between Gary Nolan and Keith McCready. At some point early in the match, Grady started cursing. Then the rest of the commentary went VERY raunchy. Pat never released the tape but I got a copy from Grady. I don’t have it anymore, unfortunately.

I have a copy of that I am pretty sure, Grady was talking about hookers and stuff LOL

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a copy of that I am pretty sure, Grady was talking about hookers and stuff LOL

That’s the one, for sure. If I recall correctly, the match goes hill-hill and both players dig the money ball several times.