Top 10 Aim, Alignment, and STROKE DRILLS

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating the Top 10 most useful drills to test and improve your aim, alignment, and stroke. Here it is:

The drills covered (with YouTube time-stamps) include:

1. Test Stroke Straightness (0:07)
2. Mirror Check (0:43)
3. Hitting Balls Into a Pocket (1:03)
4. MOFUDAT (1:21)
5. Line of Straight Stop Shots (3:24)
6. Short Stop/Follow/Draw in Side (4:11)
7. Long, Straight Stop/Follow/Draw (5:22)
8. Progressive Stop/Follow/Draw (7:10)
9. Progressive Cut Shots (10:05)
10. Shot-Making Drill (10:54)

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Enjoy,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like a great video. I'll be watching that after work.
Don't you have a computer or smart phone at work?:confused: :angry:

Just kidding. Please let me know what you think after you watch it.

Good job having your work priorities straight,
Dave

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
As usual, that is a great video Dr. Dave.

I'll be getting back into playing pool soon after a long hiatus and want to spend some time on stroke drills. What you have assembled here is exactly what I've been trying to put together for myself as a training plan.

Loved the left handed shots at the end too. Reminds me of a racquetball story from when I was in the military. Pretty funny, but won't bore you with that.

Thank you for another thorough and excellent video! Please keep them coming!!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
As usual, that is a great video Dr. Dave.

I'll be getting back into playing pool soon after a long hiatus and want to spend some time on stroke drills. What you have assembled here is exactly what I've been trying to put together for myself as a training plan.

Loved the left handed shots at the end too. Reminds me of a racquetball story from when I was in the military. Pretty funny, but won't bore you with that.

Thank you for another thorough and excellent video! Please keep them coming!!
I'm glad you liked it, and I hope it helps your game.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I don't watch network tv. So when I get good content on you tube it's my couch potato time.

That is a great video and I can see it really helping a player who works those drills.

I'll have to break out the page reinforcements and work that last drill.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the idea of using the golf tees to check stroke straightness and alignment! I need to go pick some of those up along with some hole reinforcements. Thanks for the video Dr. Dave!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't watch network tv. So when I get good content on you tube it's my couch potato time.

That is a great video and I can see it really helping a player who works those drills.

I'll have to break out the page reinforcements and work that last drill.
I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you put the info to good use.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love the idea of using the golf tees to check stroke straightness and alignment! I need to go pick some of those up along with some hole reinforcements. Thanks for the video Dr. Dave!
I wasn't the first to think of this. It has been around a long time. It is useful ... much better than the old "coke bottle" approach.

Regards,
Dave

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's funny is we have heard here in the past about how pro 's don't do drills the best way to learn is playing the game , coaching from less than a players ability is of no use how can they learn from someone that can't play as well and so on ,
Then insert Johan to the USA team and he has drills and the proof is in the pudding,
I see Roy's basement streams all the times with all the players practicing drills he sets up
Throwing balls out or playing the ghost is good practice, but if your trying to refine your skills the only way to do it is repetitive practice

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's funny is we have heard here in the past about how pro 's don't do drills the best way to learn is playing the game , coaching from less than a players ability is of no use how can they learn from someone that can't play as well and so on ,
Then insert Johan to the USA team and he has drills and the proof is in the pudding,
I see Roy's basement streams all the times with all the players practicing drills he sets up
Throwing balls out or playing the ghost is good practice, but if your trying to refine your skills the only way to do it is repetitive practice
Professionals in all sports often work on their fundamentals and skills using drills. Dedicated amateurs who want to improve more quickly do also.

Regards,
Dave