8 point Bill McDaniels

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a 8 point ,special order,Bill McDaniels gaboon ebony (ivory tipped points) into high grade birdseye maple cue. Lots of ivory inlays (96) and cue is in near mint condition. I have never posted a cue for sale here but have bought many,as my feedback shows. I,m gonna try to post pics,but if i,m not successful,i hope someone will help me if i could email them or text them. My email is gardner344@bellsouth.net and i will gladly email them to anyone interested. Price is $1895 and both shafts are 12.75-13mm (full) as i don,t have calipers and cue is straight together and apart.also has custom joint protectors and tip protectors. Really nice cue!SOLD!!!!!

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I guess our sport is full of mysteries but Bill McDaniel cues are high on the list for me.

I finally got one maybe 10 years ago, while I understood they were well respected, the ones I had seen previously had floating points, which I am not a fan. Once I got one in my hands that didn't have floating points I thought it was incredible.

IMO, certainly a top notch cue. The mystery for me was why did he stop making cues?

Ken

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah i,m no floating points fan either...this one is not a floating point cue and its nice. And IMO he makes the best hitting steel joint cues i,ve ever played with.

Last edited:

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I guess our sport is full of mysteries but Bill McDaniel cues are high on the list for me.

I finally got one maybe 10 years ago, while I understood they were well respected, the ones I had seen previously had floating points, which I am not a fan. Once I got one in my hands that didn't have floating points I thought it was incredible.

IMO, certainly a top notch cue. The mystery for me was why did he stop making cues?

Ken

I still have mine too, may buy another, or something else
But it’s not going anywhere

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Guys i just wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelming response. If i didn,t send some of you pics,I apologize because the cue sold fast.thx

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Ken
I heard it was health related...forget what.

He has a Facebook forum and they have a picture of him with a new lathe. He will start making shafts. Probably a few cues.

All his equipment went to the guys from Cash cues.
Not long after their entire shop was flooded by a river that overflowed and the mud and debris destroyed the shop.

McDaniel used the best woods. The ebony was the highest grade, absurdly perfect. The cues are the best.