Hypothetical Bracket

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy and I were talking about fairly recent all- time greats and how a "Legends" tourney might go. How would yours shake out in this hypothetical?

8 Ball Played on 9 ft. gold crowns with Simonis 860 and 4.5 inch pockets. Tourney is Race to 11 Winner Breaks and played at present time (assume all are healthy)...Oh, and they have 1 month to practice/ get in stroke.

picture.php

I honestly have no idea because I have rarely, if ever, seen any of them play 8 ball.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know everyone will be quick to pick Efren, but, if I'm not mistaken, I think Ralph holds the record for most consecutive 8 ball break and runs at something like 27 racks.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I presume these champions are playing in their prime, and not only that, but they're playing to the best of their abilities as well as on a good day.

Here's my prediction of what's going to happen, let's remember Earl's dominant explosive break on one ball back then, which gave him the edge.

EDIT: I just saw it's an 8ball tournament, sorry the whole thing will be different then, I made it for 9ball and ill leave it there, but now ill just verbly say whats different in 8ball cause I dont want to make it again using paint :p

So on 8ball, Earl would lose the first match, efren will still make it to the final, and I believe Sigel will face him on the final, and probably Efren would win it.

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 182

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I presume these champions are playing in their prime, and not only that, but they're playing to the best of their abilities as well as on a good day.

EDIT: I just saw it's an 8ball tournament, sorry the whole thing will be different then, I made it for 9ball and ill leave it there, but now ill just verbly say whats different in 8ball cause I dont want to make it again using paint :p

So on 8ball, Earl would lose the first match, efren will still make it to the final, and I believe Sigel will face him on the final, and probably Efren would win it.

Yeah 8 ball changes things... I wish there were more high profile 8 ball tourneys...also, what do you think would happen if this was played RIGHT NOW...and not when they were in their prime...hard to pick against souquet?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah 8 ball changes things... I wish there were more high profile 8 ball tourneys...also, what do you think would happen if this was played RIGHT NOW...and not when they were in their prime...hard to pick against souquet?

If its played right now with their current age, I'd say Ralf would win it for sure yea.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Here's my prediction of what's going to happen, let's remember Earl's dominant explosive break on one ball back then, which gave him the edge.

3F34D442-02C6-44A7-81E7-7EC1E0D4B1AB.jpeg

Strange, you have Buddy losing to Efren and then Nick losing to Efren....
..Buddy beat Efren in a money match in Houston,,
..Nick beat Efren in a money match in Efren’s stomping grounds.

Then you have Earl beating Efren when Efren had beaten Earl in a money match in Asia.

How have you been doing with the stock market lately...:)