will a 30" LD shaft deflect more than a 29"?

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
I have decided to purchase an ob cue after almost buying the predator sneaky with Z2 . I really liked the ob equivalent. My only question would be whether the the slightly longer shaft would effect deflection?

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From my knowledge only the last 6-8 inches closest to the tip will have impact on the deflection - the less weight - the less cue ball deflection/squirt

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
The longer the shaft, the more whippy it will feel. I played with a 31" Predator shaft for a few years but switched back to a 29" shaft and had the butt of my cue lengthened by 2". It has a much more positive feel and there is zero chance I will ever go back to a lengthened shaft.....

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I have decided to purchase an ob cue after almost buying the predator sneaky with Z2 . I really liked the ob equivalent. My only question would be whether the the slightly longer shaft would effect deflection?

Its one of those all things being equal things....

From the CB back, all thing being equal on the 2 shafts (End mass/Taper/Bridge position/etc) I don't see why there would be any deflection difference assuming the 1" effectively came towards the joint end.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I would say probably yes, but unlikely to a noticeable degree. I have switched between 29 and 30 inch shafts and not noticed any need to adjust my aim whatsoever.