What would you do?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
This is where today's technology pays off: have a couple of people take a picture of the guy with their cellphones, preferably of him holding the cue.

ND Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This day and age it's easy... Tell the guy selling it that you wish to take a picture of him and his photo ID holding the cue in question. If he's willing to do that, it's probably legit. If you get a gun shoved in your face, it's probably stolen. :smile:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would probably buy it and tell the guy we could go to the bank to cash a check. If he would steal a pool cue who is to say he wouldn't just rob me too. By going to cash the check at a bank I would write it to him getting his name.

I would then post on here hoping to find the owner if it was stolen. If anyone ever claims it I would give it to them hoping my good deed would be rewarded by good karma in the future. It's just money and thieves belong in jail.

Edit: If he's not a stupid thief I expect he would not go to bank.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you buy stolen property, the only recourse you have to get your money back is from the person who sold you the property, who would probably be long gone or impossible to sue. The rightful owner of the property does not owe you anything. Plus, how do you prove to the rightful owner what you actually paid? Do you think the person who sold it to you will give you a receipt or allow you to pay by check?

The rightful owner of the cue can appear at anytime and prove it's his and you will have to turn it over, regardless of how much time has passed or how hard you looked for the owner. Then you become a suspect, even if it's just by rumor only. Do you want rumors like that circulating around about you?

I think the best thing to do is not to buy the cue, but pass the word around that the cue is in circulation. Take a photo of it with your phone if possible and post it up or send it around.