What is your tip diameter?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Billy Incardone and Efren started playing smaller mm shafts ,I asked Billy if he thought it would be good for me

He knows my game and stroke is not so good
he said"it might magnify your errors"
so I stayed with 13 mm ,until one day I tried the smaller shafts and liked them

12,2 to 12.5 is the area I have been playing,I found I get more draw easier and
less deflection,which i can not handle so well

Ronnie Allen told me ,"it is hard to play with thick shafts"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Current cue is 12.6 at the ferrule and 13.6 at 12". Schmelke sneaky. Hits great w/Ultraskin hard.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My main playing shaft is 12mm. Also have 12.25 and 12.75 for the cue as well but only play with the 12mm really.

prpavi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
13mm (Maple) 12.75mm (Predator)

Btw why is everyting in cues measured in ounces and inches but the tips in mm o_O

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I have a few shafts, but my main playing shaft for 1 Pocket and Straight pool are both 13mm with a nickle radius. Just started using a 13mm over the last 6 months, coming from an 11.75mm Z-2. I am more consistent now and can do just precisely what I want to do with the CB and nothing more.

The Z-2 is just too much shaft for me... too exacting.

Lesh

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
13mm (Maple) 12.75mm (Predator)

Btw why is everyting in cues measured in ounces and inches but the tips in mm o_O

I used to ask that question when I was a kid...ounces, inches, MILLIMETERS? :confused:
..had to figure it out for myself...the answer was on the end of my cue...

For a long time, French tips were the state of the art...after all, Captain Mingaud invented
them. The best were pre-World War II...the family that produced them got wiped out by a
bomb landing on their farmhouse.
I was using French Champions tips right into the 90s...redbacks (bakelite).
..then Ted Harris put a Moori on my Szamboti and I was hooked to layered tips.

Sooo, the French deal in the metric system...and there you have it.

Last edited:

boosaboos

Registered
Currently shooting with the OB XL + shaft which is 13.25mm.

Works just fine.

I still have my first generation OB 1 shaft which is 12.75 and needs a new tip on.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaft diameter

When I started playing in 1972 I played with a 14.00 MM. I have gotten a little slimmer today and play with 12.90 MM. I guess its like my Fargo score since I started at 662 and now I'm 651. LOL At 63 I like bigger shafts.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played about 20 years with 13mm solid maple shafts and then tried a Predator Z-Shaft. That was to thin fom me and I sold the shaft after 2 weeks. I switched to 12,5mm when Bryan build me my first custom.

tleeirwin

My main one is Pechauer P Plus Lite (11.75mm) and my second is Pechauer P Pro (12.2mm, had turned down). In the past I had the 314-2, z-2, and z-3. My favorite overall would be the z-2 but unfortunately since I got a new cue I can't find one for my Pechauer. I guess I prefer smaller tips. Not necessarily for more action on the cue ball but because it just feels right? I guess it all comes down to what feels comfortable to you.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

4rails88

Registered
Been playing with 13mm for the past few years. Finally trying to go a little smaller and get some more action on the cue ball. Down to 12.75mm so far.