AZB/One Pocket Org. Room?

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm formalizing my plans to attend the DCC this year, and I don't see any mention of a room set up for the AZB/OP Members. What's up? Did I miss something? Or is in just not going to happen this year?

Missed the DCC last year, but I was hoping to have access to the room this year, as in years past.

Info?

Thanks

Charlie

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
This is making me nervous.. Doesn't seem to be much interest in the DCC for it being less than 6 weeks away.

My post looking for someone to share a room has 24+ views and no responses.

Almost makes me think the attendance will be low this year because of the economy.. :-(

Russ

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
russ,

the fact that it will be both you & your wife may have something to do with no takers on the room split deal.

As far as interest in the derby on azb;
there is never a lot of chatter on here about the derby.

As far as attendance numbers at the derby;
those numbers always suck.
The only thing that sells out are the tv-vip seats.
The vip seats never sell out.
The number of spectator only tickets sold is very low.

I and others have tried in the past to get some conversation going about the derby, it just does not happen.

Hope to see you there,

SLIM

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oops

CHARLIE,

got off the subject of your post.
I have wondered about the azb room, too.
Last year it kind of got hi-jacked due to steve's personal emergency at home.
I did not hear anything about that after the derby, i sure hope everything worked out okay.
If they do have a room i probably will sign up for it even though i hardly leave the tournament room long enough to take advantage of it.

Enjoy the day,

SLIM

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Azb/op

Slim, thanks for your reply.

I was hoping someone had better info to pass along; Oh well:(

I just checked the DCC website:

It shows the One Pocket Challenge set up to be played in the AZB room on the "added opportunities" link.

My guess is that Greg at Diamond has committed to providing a room and table(s), as in the past, but perhaps no one has stepped up to do the organization of the details, and the planning to get this accomplished. I hope I'm wrong, but without a "Signup Thread" in place by now, we might be too late to get things worked out.

I suppose a call to Diamond might answer the question. I'll try that, and post back.

Charlie

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CHARLIE,

you will want to talk to julie, gregs daughter, at diamond.
Very nice person.

SLIM

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond

Called Diamond; Julie wasn't in; will be back Monday. Left a message for Aaron, who had helped me earlier this year.

Charlie

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
There will be an AZ/OP room.

We'll get the info up very soon, like in a few days.

Greg never forgets the forum crew.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Steve!

There will be an AZ/OP room.

We'll get the info up very soon, like in a few days.

Greg never forgets the forum crew.

Thanks for your reply Steve. I expected that something would be set up, but I hadn't seen any notices yet.

See you there.

Charlie