rail height too high or low?

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a diamond 9ft 3 pice slate 10 year old table with granito that is still a little slick. The problem I am having is that the balls slide too much off the rail losing a lot of momentum and banking long. I suspect the rubber height but appreciate any suggestions or diagnosis. I believe the rubber is still good.
Thanks

Dartman

Silver Member
misterpoole said:
I have a diamond 9ft 3 pice slate 10 year old table with granito that is still a little slick. The problem I am having is that the balls slide too much off the rail losing a lot of momentum and banking long. I suspect the rubber height but appreciate any suggestions or diagnosis. I believe the rubber is still good.
Thanks
The height of the nose of the cushions should be 1 7/16"

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sdbilliards said:
how old is the cloth?
About 6 months old. It gets used about once or twice a week. I feel its banking way long for it to be entirely the new cloth. In a pool hall that new cloth effect lasts a week.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dartman said:
The height of the nose of the cushions should be 1 7/16"
It measures 1 7/16, so thats not the problem. Thanks for the help. Looks like it may be that the rails have lost some 'spring'. I think I will try tightening the bolts that attach the rails. Should they be as tight as I can make them or can I crack something if I over do it?