are pool table sales seasonal?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
wondering if pool table are seasonal. Is there a better time of year to buy a new table?

A Diamond ProAm is the ONLY pool table you can buy today that won't lose 50% of its value the minute it shows up on your door step. In fact if you hang on to it long enough, as prices keep going up, it'll be worth more than you bought it for sooner or later.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Diamond ProAm is the ONLY pool table you can buy today that won't lose 50% of its value the minute it shows up on your door step. In fact if you hang on to it long enough, as prices keep going up, it'll be worth more than you bought it for sooner or later.

What about a Diamond Professional?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wondering if pool table are seasonal. Is there a better time of year to buy a new table?

Hi. Welcome aboard. Please take time and do some research. Buy it right the 1st time. A quality table is one thing. The installation is everything. Every retailer will
Promise you good service and a warranty. Absolutely worthless by most. Decide if you want new or pre-owned. You will get a lot of good feedback from AzB members.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Totally agree, never buy new, no matter what level of quality you need.

There probably are two seasons for brand new tables. Mid summer, new home buyers and early winter December, cold weather, Christmas time.

The best time is when you find the rt table.

I would strongly recommend CL. Have patience and respond quick.

I needed a 7ft, 3pc slate, fully break down table to get where I needed it to go. I watched for three months before getting what I got.

I saw many 9ft Brunswick tables go by. Local place dumped their 8ft diamonds, couldn't fit for me.

The used market is huge.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

To the OP. A new table should definitely be your first consideration if you can afford one. There is no mystery with new. Diamond tables are an excellent choice.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's not the model of table Diamond is building that has a back log of about 600 tables ....what does that tell you?

That it might be quicker to get one? Not to mention that in my opinion at least, the Pro is a much better looking table than the Pro Am if that matters. Plus, the drop pockets suit me much better.

As I said before, Diamond may be the best table ever designed and built but their business model in no way is conducive to retail sales to individual consumers. I realize it won't be anytime soon, but if they ever fall out of favor with rooms and tournaments they won't have much of a retail base to fall back on.

Yes, you lose your butt buying from a store but at least a regular citizen can walk in and buy one. How bad could Connelly, Schmidt and Olhausen higher end tables be?

If you want a good new table your options are a little limited. And if nobody's noticed, decent used Gold Crowns aren't abundant anymore either.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That it might be quicker to get one? Not to mention that in my opinion at least, the Pro is a much better looking table than the Pro Am if that matters. Plus, the drop pockets suit me much better.

As I said before, Diamond may be the best table ever designed and built but their business model in no way is conducive to retail sales to individual consumers. I realize it won't be anytime soon, but if they ever fall out of favor with rooms and tournaments they won't have much of a retail base to fall back on.

Yes, you lose your butt buying from a store but at least a regular citizen can walk in and buy one. How bad could Connelly, Schmidt and Olhausen higher end tables be?

If you want a good new table your options are a little limited. And if nobody's noticed, decent used Gold Crowns aren't abundant anymore either.

Make mistake in thinking otherwise, Diamond is in the commercial pool table business and not the home table business. The home table Market is filled with manufacturers from all over the world problem is they don't build commercial grade pool tables, and you're always going to pay at least twice with the tables value is when buying a home table new. If you bought a brand new Gold Crown 5 for $11,000 good luck trying to get $5000 out of it selling it, yet Brunswick sold the same table to pool hall owners for about $4,750, imagine that!

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh man I wish I had went used, but online classifieds weren't as big 10 yrs ago. Go used but not old. Every day ppl are putting at least one table up for sale. Every day. I can't really speak for different states or provinces, but that's how it is here in Quebec. I've seen Brunswicks all of the time, mostly tucked away in someone's basement who didn't pay it any mind beyond the first month they bought it, basically in mint condition. If you don't see anything you like, or at the right price, be patient, keep checking. Oddly enough, really decent, fancy, vintage snooker tables are always available, free even. You are in a lucky position, it's good to get a table cheap, that way you have more money for brand new cloth and top notch installation.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do not know anyone that considered how much a table will be worth if it gets sold. Generally we buy tables and keep them forever unless our living conditions change, I always wanted a Goldcrown and bought it. Today I would buy a Diamond if I had to choose. Used is ok if checked out by the installer before hand otherwise it is the unknown....dead rails, missing parts, unmatched slates, etc.
I think Diamond Pro Am is for a 1st floor delivery only...maybe RKC will verify that. To repeat...do it right the first time. Most us have no idea what we are getting until we get it. And I got an undesirable set up from 2 so called experienced installers the first time. The money saved on looking for a deal gets thrown out when the table has to be redone by a competent table tech.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I do not know anyone that considered how much a table will be worth if it gets sold. Generally we buy tables and keep them forever unless our living conditions change, I always wanted a Goldcrown and bought it. Today I would buy a Diamond if I had to choose. Used is ok if checked out by the installer before hand otherwise it is the unknown....dead rails, missing parts, unmatched slates, etc.
I think Diamond Pro Am is for a 1st floor delivery only...maybe RKC will verify that. To repeat...do it right the first time. Most us have no idea what we are getting until we get it. And I got an undesirable set up from 2 so called experienced installers the first time. The money saved on looking for a deal gets thrown out when the table has to be redone by a competent table tech.
Diamonds ProAm can be installed on any floor with a 3-piece slate.

simplestroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I would say they are seasonal. Buying used is the absolute best way to go in most cases all year round. Buy a used Diamond and you will get money your back if you ever need to. Same goes for high end firearms.

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know of only one place locally that sells and installs new/ used tables.
I check their online page regularly. havent found anything. looking since may.

I dont trust ebay or craigslist.

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to buy a table myself. Thought I had a gc4 lined up but it didn't work out. To the guys saying never buy new., if you want a diamond, you may not find a used one. I know I haven't.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I know of only one place locally that sells and installs new/ used tables.
I check their online page regularly. havent found anything. looking since may.

I dont trust ebay or craigslist.

Where are you located? We can find you a reputable table that you can check out on your own.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Looking to buy a table myself. Thought I had a gc4 lined up but it didn't work out. To the guys saying never buy new., if you want a diamond, you may not find a used one. I know I haven't.

That speaks to how desirable they are. I have a restored GC1 available if you're looking. Where are you?

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in montrose NY 10548.
is there any list of reputable table mechanics

unfortunately I only have room for an 8ft table.,