Samsara break tip...

Dilligaf

Registered
I had one on my stinger but after the 3rd break it came off, I was told that these tips are know for not staying on, anyone ever hear that to? Any reviews would be great.
Thks, Eric

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard that too, from what I understand it's all about care in the prep/install process and using an adhesive up to the task. I just had one installed locally recently and spent the weekend playing with it on my jump break, and that included a fair fit of jump shot practice, and mine is still in place.

I would make sure whoever is installing it does a little research about the best methods because I do understand it to be a tough tip to install.

It's really an amazing break tip though, hits hard but has lots of control. Jumps incredible too. I recently got a Gilbert j/b cue and I could barely jump at all with the stock hard leather tip (I'm not good with jump shots). The Samsara makes it so much easier, it's 95% of the way to being as easy as my G10 tipped Jacoby jump cue...only advantage the Jacoby has is that extra heavy brass ferrule I think. It's close enough that I don't plan on carrying my jump cue anymore.

Gainey Q's

Registered
Correct, it has everything to do with preparation and installation. I had 1 customer that his came off. I inspected the Ferrule to assure correct facing and called Samsara to see what they recommend for adhesive. It wasn't glue... They use a 2 part epoxy. 420. Sold by Atlas Billiards. Never had anymore issues. Good luck.

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
Mike Gulyassy uses these exclusively on his Orange Crusher break cue from what i understand. If you go back in my previous posts youll see i fell in love with this break cue and the comments i had to make about it. But to the question at hand the samasara break tip. its super hard but i have total control of the cueball. as i stated several times before upon my first break and subsequently a few after i was able to break and run racks with it. english or draw even jumping it does it all.

about them falling off , its all about proper installation. as others have already stated. best of luck to you.

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Samsara J/B tips

I use Samsara J/B's almost exclusively on my break/jump cues and I am not aware of any coming off. Preparation is the key.
First make sure the ferrule area is flat and lightly scored with a razor blade.
Flat lap the glue side of the tip and lightly score with a razor blade.
Blow off both the tip and ferrule end with compressed air.
Apply a slight amount of 3M Super Glue Gel on the ferrule end and spread evenly.. Do the same to the tip. Press tip on the ferrule end and apply
a small amount of pressure--I use the tail stock. I let mine sit at least an
hour before removing from the lathe and turn the tip down next day.

Mr Nobody

Banned
I 've installed many and the only ones that have come off are on cues with the soft ferrels that are uncapped . I will install a fiber pad if the ferrel is uncapped and have not had one come off after doing this . There are other break tips that pop off uncapped ferrels . loctite 454 is very good to use ...:wink:

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got one on my Mezz PBII and love it. Never had any issues w/the tip coming off and the control vs. phenolic is night and day. HATE those phenolic break tips! Best thing I ever did for my game was replace that Sonic tip on my breaker w/the Samsara.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A perfectly flat ferrule and tip is essential for a successful installation.
I find the Samsara tips to be a bit unpredictable, but lately I have been using Loctite 401, taking care to make sure that the ferrule is 100% flat. Applying a small drop of glue to the tip, wiping of the excess and sanding the back of the tip when the glue has dried, scoring the tip and ferrule. Gluing the tip on as centered as I possibly can, keeping pressure on the tip with my tailstock and letting it sit for atleast an hour and letting it cure 24 hours before I work on the tip. When cutting down the tip, I make sure to not het up the leather and cutting it as close to the ferrule diameter as possible, so I minimize the amount of sanding to blend the tip and ferrule and thus, potentionally heating up the tip.
Cutting them down to a more practical length seems to be key. I often see the tips not being cut down enough and then they tend to pop off.
Some players miscue more than ohers and if I have a player that has a bad break and often miscues I recomend another tip.
I use the same process on White Diamond tips.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highly doubt that it's the tip, I've had this on my Predator BK3 for about 7 months, and I play about 14 hours on a weekly basis. I've never once had a problem with the tip coming off. It's still very snug and tight on my ferrule.