Unknown Cues

Poolfreak

Registered
Hello,

I got 2 Cues I don't really know, but I think maybe Adam oder something like that. Any other ideas??

Unknow2.jpg

Unknow.jpg

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
The 1st... I really don't know.

But the second looks like a last 80's or early 90's Adam. The design is typical and a lot of them (Adam/Helmstetter) had coated wrap. The joint looks ok (5/16x18) except this one is piloted. In fact the model I thought had normally flat faced joints... hope it helps.

Last edited:

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Gerry said:
not really 100%, but they might be from Richard Helmstetter?
That's what I thought for the second, an Adam/Helmstetter cue. It really looks like...

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not thinking Adam/Helmstetter because the pin isn't consistent with the time of those designs, but I'm at a loss as to what they are. The coated wrap also adds to the mystery. One of the previous comments was that they were common on Adam/Helmstetter products, but I've never seen one. The squiggly-line ringwork has been used by McD, but not in a metal jointed cue to my knowledge. The checkerboard pattern (butt-sleeve #2) and large checked rings are reminiscent of Heubler. Nice looking cues, but I fear that I've muddied the water further. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
Pizza Bob said:
...The coated wrap also adds to the mystery. One of the previous comments was that they were common on Adam/Helmstetter products, but I've never seen one.

The Stamboulini cues affiliate to Adam in the 80's were coated. Link to pictures.

The Stanley West cues made by Adam/Helmstetter in Europe in 80's also had coated wrap.
Pictures here and here and here

The first one... I always don't know.
The second I'm almost sure that it is an Adam. The chess board is also reminiscent in this time Adams, check the Stanley West pictures... It is definitely not a Huebler...

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Another guess

Any chance the bottom cue could be a Paul Hubler? Not sure if he even finished over the wrap like that but the butt sleeve looks similar to some he has done in the past.

Kevin

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
Any chance the bottom cue could be a Paul Hubler? Not sure if he even finished over the wrap like that but the butt sleeve looks similar to some he has done in the past.

Kevin

That's what it looks like to me.

Poolfreak

Registered
Hi , Thanks for the answer
This Mail i got from Adams

Dear Patty-san,

These 2 cues are Adam cues. Both cues are not have model number.
One is similar to CB cues but different. I think they were made for someone
personally late 70's or early 80's.

Regards,
Seth