ef7be74e5daa63521e8d0a6f9a42c00a.jpg
e7c9b0f353b618cbf9e1d301bbce3822.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Cue lives matter

Marshall? MikeyO?
Send it over I will test it, I can miss with any ebony cue.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I'm impressed the maker used the current brown bumper, not often done now.

Points are gross, too long.

All the best,
WW

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm impressed the maker used the current brown bumper, not often done now.

Points are gross, too long.

All the best,
WW

5 veneer points always run longer...thanks for the compliment

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
5 veneer points always run longer...thanks for the compliment

Not necessarily true. Maybe from this maker but it doesn't have to be this way. You can keep the same height and the result is the inner prong or "center" will be shorter or if you want the same use thinner veneers. Also there's a thick ring at the bottom of the points too so that takes up room as well.

I think "gross" was a bit harsh though...lol... For my taste I'd like them a bit shorter but as they are they don't bother me because it is a 5 veneer cue.

It's looks like a quality cue..

Did Pete make this cue?

Last edited:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not necessarily true. Maybe from this maker but it doesn't have to be this way. You can keep the same height and the result is the inner prong or "center" will be shorter or if you want the same use thinner veneers. Also there's a thick ring at the bottom of the points too so that takes up room as well.

I think "gross" was a bit harsh though...lol... For my taste I'd like them a bit shorter but as they are they don't bother me because it is a 5 veneer cue.

It's looks like a quality cue..

Did Pete make this cue?

Agreed about adjusting dimensions. Not a Pete tho.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
WOW....
" this is easy-;)
JOHNNY SHOWMAN CUE ….
Nice pickup

Because of the leather and ring under the wrap, that was my first thought but John's points usually touch at the bottom. Of course unless he trimmed the bottom of the prong to make room for the ring??... It looks like great work so I wouldnt be surprised.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Doesn't look like Showman points at all. Need a closer look at the joint and pin to have any clue though. No picture there.

Also, I don't recall a Showman buttsleeve like this. John's were either traditional 1.5 inch buttplate, or Hoppe style, but not like this.

This looks more like a Searing than anything, though could be quite a few other makers.

All the best,
WW

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The long points look great! It's the ring at the joint that takes away from the look of the Cue.
Jason

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
More pics may help...

Actually, they only confused matters.

The joint pin looks like radial style, but goes into a brass insert, so probably isn't radial. The picture is large, so hard to tell.

The brass insert in the shaft is obviously not Pete or Showman, too exposed and too rounded. Actually more resembles the way Jerry Rauenzahn did the shaft inserts. But these aren't his typical points.

The joint itself doesn't have a very high polish, sort of a satin look. Some cuemakers did it this way. Hope this provides more clues.

All the best,
WW

Last edited: