More mini tournaments?

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
I guess this question is for Greg or the powers that be.

Is it possible to have more mini tournaments at DDC ? I hate to use poker as an example but they have satellites and qualifiers non stop during the WSOP. So here's my ideas.....

Super satellite..8 man $500 entry.... winner gets a slot in the ring game and second $1000

Mega satellite 16 man $250 entry....winner gets a slot in the ring game and second $750 third $250

I am there for the entire event normally. I would like to see some smaller 16 to 32 man tournaments to play in. I realize there normally are a couple but they fill up so fast I can't never seem to get in. I would play in a $50 16 to 32 man tourney every night if it was available.

This would also give the venue more revenues and create more participation among spectators. I believe it would be a big hit! There are hundreds of pool players at the derby that never hit a ball. JMHO.

Kevin
< willing to donate time and energy to help out if need be>

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that is a great idea! 8 to 16 person fields would keep more people in action and give them a cheaper shot to get in the big games. Nothing wrong with learning from another games (poker) success.

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
minis

kevin s said:
I guess this question is for Greg or the powers that be.

Is it possible to have more mini tournaments at DDC ? I hate to use poker as an example but they have satellites and qualifiers non stop during the WSOP. So here's my ideas.....

Super satellite..8 man $500 entry.... winner gets a slot in the ring game and second $1000

Mega satellite 16 man $250 entry....winner gets a slot in the ring game and second $750 third $250

I am there for the entire event normally. I would like to see some smaller 16 to 32 man tournaments to play in. I realize there normally are a couple but they fill up so fast I can't never seem to get in. I would play in a $50 16 to 32 man tourney every night if it was available.

This would also give the venue more revenues and create more participation among spectators. I believe it would be a big hit! There are hundreds of pool players at the derby that never hit a ball. JMHO.

Kevin
< willing to donate time and energy to help out if need be>

I've been thinking similar thoughts..Give me a call after the Tourningstone and Hopkins events this month and we'll talk...812-989-6665 thanks, Greg by the way you're PM box is full.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg/Diamond said:
I've been thinking similar thoughts..Give me a call after the Tourningstone and Hopkins events this month and we'll talk...812-989-6665 thanks, Greg by the way you're PM box is full.

Greg.......I've got to add a contrary concern to this subject......Myself and friends of mine wouldn't like it if all of the tournament tables were used for mini's in the late evening, because were wanting to get on those tables to match up and gamble 1 on 1 - not play in a mini.

Thanks, Ghost

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost said:
Greg.......I've got to add a contrary concern to this subject......Myself and friends of mine wouldn't like it if all of the tournament tables were used for mini's in the late evening, because were wanting to get on those tables to match up and gamble 1 on 1 - not play in a mini.

Thanks, Ghost
I certainly don't want to take away from the action. I'm only suggesting the use of a few tables. Could even be 7 ft. tables.

Greg- pm's cleared

Last edited: