How fast is Fargo Rating Updating after an event?

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I'm wondering when will the updated Fargo Rating be available following the billiard expo this past weekend?

Thanks

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably after they update the Fargo ratings for the Texas BCA Championships that finished April 10.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably after they update the Fargo ratings for the Texas BCA Championships that finished April 10.

Texas results are coming in through a new mechanism that requires some more attention from us. That will be completed soon, but I can't say exactly when.

SBE 10-Ball matches are going in right now. I will post here when an optimization is done.

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Texas results are coming in through a new mechanism that requires some more attention from us. That will be completed soon, but I can't say exactly when.

SBE 10-Ball matches are going in right now. I will post here when an optimization is done.

Thank You!

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about tournaments held at Fargo Billiards?
Its been a few months since I played in one and I'm still invisible. LOL Maybe it's better that way;)

sbrownn

Registered
Reviving an older thread here. I did a BCA qualifier league last year and got a FargoRate established (that took a while and had to have my stats correctly logged under me, not a Scott Brown in eastern WA). Started playing on a local Sno Valley BCA league first week of March of 2024. I still don't have any updated matches showing in FargoRate for the current league I am playing in. I've heard similar complaints from others that have played in BCA regional events (Lincoln City and others) taking months to get things recorded. Why does it take so long for what is considered the status quo for the preferred league (BCA) and rating system (FargoRate)?

Last edited:

bpeacock

In our league, we keep score on paper. It sometimes takes a week for the league operator to enter the scores, but everything is current the next day. The scores are almost instant but Fargo updates the next daily batch.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reviving an older thread here. I did a BCA qualifier league last year and got a FargoRate established (that took a while and had to have my stats correctly logged under me, not a Scott Brown in eastern WA). Started playing on a local Sno Valley BCA league first week of March of 2024. I still don't have any updated matches showing in FargoRate for the current league I am playing in. I've heard similar complaints from others that have played in BCA regional events (Lincoln City and others) taking months to get things recorded. Why does it take so long for what is considered the status quo for the preferred league (BCA) and rating system (FargoRate)?
Is your league using the BCAPL Scorer app? If so, they only take one day to update, as its all automatic.

sbrownn

Registered
Is your league using the BCAPL Scorer app? If so, they only take one day to update, as its all automatic.
The teams are not as we are scoring on paper. Not sure about the LO. How friendly is the BCAPL app? Phone based? Can anyone use it or does special privileges need to be setup / granted?