Pay per view /pro matches/could work..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would have been a great experiment to try when all the players were holed up in Las Vegas with Bonus Ball.

In fact if bonus ball does continue(and I hope it will) this format could be huge for the pros and pool.

First it would take a $1,000 commitment to join the process. First 32 to sign up and commit would be accepted. Sponsors would be huge and get tons of exposure.

As many players as want to can be part of this.But maybe it should be limited to 32 for sure. All that is needed for the matches is a poolhall with a good setup for pay per view. And smoke free for sure so all and every spectator that wants to come can come.

I can't think of a pool hall that wouldn't love this exposure. Plus create interest on all local levels.

The matches would be set up like tournaments. Races would be to 75. 9 ball or 10 ball.

They would be played in race to 25 formats.each day.

The price for the pay per view would be very reasonable. 9.95 per day or 19.95 for the 3 days.

Whatever the pay per view would be is what the 2 players would get but only half.

The winner up to $1000 and the loser up to $500.

The balance would go into the protected fund.

The players can be divided up like Major League Baseball into different divisions.

Players records will be posted and there will be a definite standings.

At the end of a period of time there will be a playoff. In the playoffs the prize money would get rediculous with sponsor money.

So many of the top in each division would be in the playoffs.

This is when it gets good. The more the spectators become fans of a certain player the more pay per view money there is. This would be a sustained effort that will get better and better as time goes on.

The players and the pay per views will get better and better week after week.

If the match doesn't get any pay per view the players pay coincides.

I had this thought out about 3 years ago. I really think this would work.

Just a rough format here but it's a start.

Last edited: