Bridge-holder device(s) you’ve seen attached to Diamond Professional tables?

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two bottom-of-rail hooks? Brunswick bent wire one-piece holder? Shop-made improvised one-piece wooden bar? Any photos, links, or recommendations welcome.

We're trying to decide among commercial options commonly used, or clever designs other players or commercial room owners have fabricated for near-at-hand use by the shooter. (There will be a number of Diamond tables within the room and it will be much more practical to have a bridge available at each table in our situation rather than have players continually crisscrossing the room to walk to wall racks for a bridge.)

Thanks in advance.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep mine in a wall rack. I didn't want the sides of my table beat up from retrieving the bridge.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The bridge holders by Diamond are not that expensive. 4 screws to install and done. They protrude slightly. Are not like GoldCrown holders where the bridge contacts/bangs the table. I will post pictures on Sat. They are designed perfectly for the Diamond table.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I used Velcro. I’m tall and rarely use a bridge and when I do I miss.
The Velcro works quite well.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One place I play with 9’ Diamonds has two brass hooks below the rail for a bridge on each side. 5is is nice because a bridge is always close at hand and I can grab it without even looking. But...at least once every other time I play I end up knocking it off the hooks with my knee or something reaching for certain shots, so then I find it a little annoying.

Another place I play with 7’ Diamonds actually just tosses them on the floor under the table. I kinda like this approach. Not as convenient to grab but on a 7’ you need it way less than on a 9’ and it’s never in the way.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bridge holders by Diamond are not that expensive. 4 screws to install and done. They protrude slightly. Are not like GoldCrown holders where the bridge contacts/bangs the table. I will post pictures on Sat. They are designed perfectly for the Diamond table.
I look forward to seeing the pictures, GC. Thanks in advance. I'm attaching a very fuzzy printscreened jpeg of a two-hook, with support bar unit I just grabbed from a Youtube video (I don't know who manufactures this nice double-hook unit). Looks like the vertical struts are meant to be screwed onto the back of that long rail -- or possibly the underside of the husky frame that supports the slate. See attached photo.

Arnaldo
Bridge holder on a Diamond table.JPG

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I look forward to seeing the pictures, GC. Thanks in advance. I'm attaching a very fuzzy printscreened jpeg of a two-hook, with support bar unit I just grabbed from a Youtube video (I don't know who manufactures this nice double-hook unit). Looks like the vertical struts are meant to be screwed onto the back of that long rail -- or possibly the underside of the husky frame that supports the slate. See attached photo.

Arnaldo
View attachment 479312

Hi... I did not get a chance to take pictures today ...will try Monday. The tables are at our community clubhouse. They are worth seeing and getting. They are contoured for the table.

Last edited:

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will post pics of mine for you later , it is a gold crown bridge holder converted to work on my Diamond . It looks great and works perfect .

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We bought these directly from Diamond. They are perfect/. They do not get kicked. The table does not get nicked. The small arms have a vinyl tube on them to protect the bridge.
The question about the holders referred to Diamond Professional tables. Not sure if these work on that set up. You can call or write to Diamond.

Attachments

• IMG_7676.jpg
    IMG_7676.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_7679.jpg
    IMG_7679.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_7683.jpg
    IMG_7683.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_7684.jpg
    IMG_7684.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My shins!

I know if we had those Diamond bridge holders, I'd have scars on my shins from kicking them.

At our club we have bridges hung vertically from the walls in little holders we made. No bending over for some of our older, heavier, and less flexible members.

Charlie

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know if we had those Diamond bridge holders, I'd have scars on my shins from kicking them.

At our club we have bridges hung vertically from the walls in little holders we made. No bending over for some of our older, heavier, and less flexible members.

Charlie

They do not stick out. A player has to go out of their way to contact the holder or bridge...trust me. This is the view from above. The bridge is out of the way.

Attachments

• 77148987-69A0-478F-9EAA-F95CC0D7D200.jpg
    77148987-69A0-478F-9EAA-F95CC0D7D200.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown,
Thank you so much for these excellent, detailed photos. I'm certain that these will work (or can be tweaked by us to work) perfectly even if not directly intended for the Diamond Professional Series tables. I'll check with Diamond corporate first thing in the morning.

I'm sure that more than a few present and potential Diamond owners will also be helped by the info and photos you've taken the time and effort to relay here. (Those vinyl protective sleeves are a considerate and practical finishing touch to their clever and sturdy design.)

Arnaldo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown,
Thank you so much for these excellent, detailed photos. I'm certain that these will work (or can be tweaked by us to work) perfectly even if not directly intended for the Diamond Professional Series tables. I'll check with Diamond corporate first thing in the morning.

I'm sure that more than a few present and potential Diamond owners will also be helped by the info and photos you've taken the time and effort to relay here. (Those vinyl protective sleeves are a considerate and practical finishing touch to their clever and sturdy design.)

Arnaldo

You are very welcome. I own a GC4. I always had a love for GC's since the mid 60's. I would not hesitate to replace it with a Diamond. The Diamonds are supremely engineered for performance and durability.

Last edited:

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On my Diamond Pro, no longer owned, I fashioned four large wooden blocks, such that once lagged to the main frame rail, provided an attaching platform with just the right projection and depth, to use GC I cue racks. They sat just as on a GC and solid as hell. Best I recall, the blocks were about 8 inches cubed and notched to meet the frame rail is such a way that they placed the brigde racks, which screwed to the block bottoms, in the perfect position.