Banana Billiards- San Antonio, Texas

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the covid19 shutdown, the owners of the best pool hall in San Antonio are struggling. I know others must going through the same. I'd been wondering about these people, hoping that they were okay. I came across YouTube videos of Efren visiting there early this year. Backward Billiards is the YouTube channel. After watching a few matches, I saw a video of the owners speaking of their struggles.
A GoFundMe account has been set up in their name Banana Billiards.
Consider what the owners of the pool halls that you want to utilize are going through... help if you can.

In the words of Joni Mitchell: "you don't know what you got til it's gone "

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen in posts here of people who are concerned about the financial burdens of pool hall owners across the country. This just kinda put a face on it for me.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen in posts here of people who are concerned about the financial burdens of pool hall owners across the country. This just kinda put a face on it for me.

That is a good room with a lot of history! Folks if you are in Texas check with your local pool halls.............They are opening up!

Austin Area:

Skinny Bob's open,remodeled and it has new Diamonds now.
Slick Willie's on Burnet Road is open.
Fast Eddie's off IH 35 and the newer one by 183 and 620 is open.

Get your masks and cues ready and go show these places some love!

Hours may be limited so google 'em up and call first before going.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
sounds like some with a good business model are doing okay and dont need donations.

that is the key to success and longevity in business.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds like some with a good business model are doing okay and dont need donations.

To be fair............the state mandates for Covid has forced these places to be closed for months and they are just now in the last few weeks being allowed to reopen.. Even successful businesses across the country have been forced to close for good:(

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

These people had obtained and opened Banana Billiards in 2018, having used most all of their life savings. Just over one year later they are forced to close their doors. Most of their bills continue to accumulate. If a business can't open, it can't succeed can it?

To be fair............the state mandates for Covid has forced these places to be closed for months and they are just now in the last few weeks being allowed to reopen.. Even successful businesses across the country have been forced to close for good:(
Exactly! That's why I started this thread. You've nailed the situation. Support what you want as you are able. Governor Abbott has not yet lifted the closure mandate. A few brave people are reopening in spite of this. If I can make it up to Austin I'll be in one or more of the places you mentioned.
BTW .. Banana's is a veteran owned business.