Diamond Pro-Am Weight

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
Does anyone know the approximate weight of a 9 Foot Diamond Pro-Am table and whether it is heavier than an average 9 Foot Table?

The reason I ask is that I currently have a 9 Foot Olhausen and I had an engineer install a support beam in my garage because my game room is on the 2nd Floor in my house.

I just wanted to make sure that the Pro-Am would not be significantly heavier than an average/standard 9 Foot Table.

I hadn't thought about it, but people keep mentioning how heavy Diamond Pool tables are so now I am wondering about it.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the approximate weight of a 9 Foot Diamond Pro-Am table and whether it is heavier than an average 9 Foot Table?

The reason I ask is that I currently have a 9 Foot Olhausen and I had an engineer install a support beam in my garage because my game room is on the 2nd Floor in my house.

I just wanted to make sure that the Pro-Am would not be significantly heavier than an average/standard 9 Foot Table.

I hadn't thought about it, but people keep mentioning how heavy Diamond Pool tables are so now I am wondering about it.

Thanks.

An 8 ft. Valley table according to their website is 860 ponds , the slate is an 1/8 inch less than a slate on a 9 ft. Diamond .

http://www.uship.com/shipment/9-Diamond-Pro-Am-Pool-Table/349103362/

Don't know if this is accurate.

SnapdaNine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the Slate is around 760# not sure about the rest of the table tho...How are you planning on getting it up stairs?...The pro-am has a one piece slate...a real bugger to move anywhere but 1st floor locations...

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the Slate is around 760# not sure about the rest of the table tho...How are you planning on getting it up stairs?...The pro-am has a one piece slate...a real bugger to move anywhere but 1st floor locations...

Not all Diamond Pro/Ams are 1-piece. They're normally made that way but you can request 3-piece and they will assemble on site. Society Billiards has 19 3-piece pro/am tables and all were assembled on site by the Diamond crew.

As for the original post, I really can't give you any guess on the weight. A half ton sounds about right but you should really get in touch with a Diamond rep and an engineer. I would hate to hear about a table falling through the floor because of azb advice!

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RKC posted a while back that a 9' pro-am weighs 1100 lbs. I would post this in the ask the mechanics section. They do know what their talking about.

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member

Yeah, that is what I thought too, but when I talked to Diamond they said I could order it with 3 piece slate. Since I wanted the ball return I went the Pro-Am with 3 piece slate.

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
Not all Diamond Pro/Ams are 1-piece. They're normally made that way but you can request 3-piece and they will assemble on site. Society Billiards has 19 3-piece pro/am tables and all were assembled on site by the Diamond crew.

As for the original post, I really can't give you any guess on the weight. A half ton sounds about right but you should really get in touch with a Diamond rep and an engineer. I would hate to hear about a table falling through the floor because of azb advice!

Yeah, you are probably right to get with Diamond directly. No sense in taking any chances on something like this. I am going to find my engineering schematic tonight to find out the tolerance for the support beam that was put in and give Diamond a call tomorrow.

Thanks.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, you are probably right to get with Diamond directly. No sense in taking any chances on something like this. I am going to find my engineering schematic tonight to find out the tolerance for the support beam that was put in and give Diamond a call tomorrow.

Thanks.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy doing business with them. No matter what, throw the specs at them and see what they say. Like the whole 1-piece vs. 3-piece thing, SnapDaNine is right 99% of the time. Diamonds are almost always 1-piece but they'll do what they can to make a customer happy. That's my #1 reason for recommending them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think you made a mistake having him do that.

Why install the beam in the garage if the table is in the house? That would be like installing a new light in the den because the bathroom is too dim :grin::p

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you made a mistake having him do that.

Why install the beam in the garage if the table is in the house? That would be like installing a new light in the den because the bathroom is too dim :grin::p

Maybe his garage is on the third floor. Did you think of that?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Thanks.
The Diamond 9ft ProAm with a one piece slate is 1,080lbs, with a three piece slate...1,200lbs, minus the leveling system...or I can cut the one piece in half, put it back together again as a one piece slate and keep the leveling system with it;)

Glen

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
The Diamond 9ft ProAm with a one piece slate is 1,080lbs, with a three piece slate...1,200lbs, minus the leveling system...or I can cut the one piece in half, put it back together again as a one piece slate and keep the leveling system with it;)

Glen

Thanks Glen, I appreciate the response.

I ordered the table at SBE with the 3 piece slate to avoid any issues with putting it on the 2nd Floor. I wasn't aware that you could cut the 1 piece slate...lol.

Now I just need to find my engineer schematic for the support beam...lol. It really shouldn't be a problem because I remember the engineer telling me that I didn't really need a support beam for my current table; however, I wanted to be safe so I had it installed.

Thanks, again, for the info, I appreciate it.