What to look at

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Ralf told me in an email he looks at the CB last. Johnny Archer has recently said he looks at the CB last.

Those are 4 pictures, thats all. Just 4 pictures that someone happened to run across and now others draw the conclusion that the 11th Commandment is "Thou Shalt Look At The OB Last"???

think about it. why dont we just let this discussion die? I'm never going to change and we are never going to agree. I am going to log off and go watch Mannix.

Mike

Just between you and me. I will bet that they are not looking at their cue ball last although they think they do.....randyg

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just between you and me. I will bet that they are not looking at their cue ball last although they think they do.....randyg

Who knows, maybe i am looking at the OB last and i dont even know it. i doubt it, but who knows. i do know i have more success when i consciously focus on the CB last.

Mike

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I placed 5th out of 24 people in a 9-ball tourney this afternoon... OB last, every time. Thanks gang!

(More work, dammit! :p )

OnTheMF

I know things
Silver Member

Randy's right on the mark here. I just queued up the world cup of pool on my PVR, where Ralf and Thomas took on France. I can tell you that every shot Ralf made he was focused on the OB last. Whether he knows it or not is a different story.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
OnTheMF,

for sure :) already joking a bit with Ralf via email/facebook :)
Told him that i have some secrets to increase his game dramatically :p

lg
Ingo

tomnan24

Registered
3rd Way?

I'll take a chance on ridicule and offer a 3rd option that has helped me improve quickly after rarely playing for over 40 years(I'm 61).

I took a tip from Dave Stockton, one of the best putters and now one of the best putting instructors around. His thought on stroking the putt was to just concentrate on the line 2 inches in front of the ball.

I adjusted this to concentrate on my pool stroke as to where I want the tip of the cue to end up after the stroke, whether that be 2 inches past the cue ball online to the object ball for a short shot or several inches for a longer stroke.

It seems to give the best of both worlds.