E-mail from Meucci

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
As I mentioned, and don't shoot the messenger here....

I have NEVER seen a chinese made cue with lower quality standards than the Muecci cues. This includes about 8-10 name brands Ive had in the 100+ range. This comparison is based on a brand new 2010 Muecci, retail over $500. Bar none the worst cue I have ever seen. Substandard in every quality regard. Absolute lemon.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Quality.

Yesterday I went to the factory and went to the showroom to look at all the Meucci and Medici samples that were made.

I will bet ONE MILLION DOLLARS that THE MAJORITY OF RETAILERS in the United States would agree that not only are these cues in excellent condition and sellable but that they are much much much better than currently produced Meucci cues.

Put these cues on the market and MAYBE the Meucci name can rise to prominence again. The designs are mostly great and fresh, even the ones from the 80s still rock.

I looked at the Medici line as well as the ENTIRE Meucci line. We counted about 50 models of Meucci branded cues that were on display. All of these cues were made under the instruction of Bob Meucci himself. The Kao Kao factory invested A LOT of time and effort and money in accurately reproducing all the Meucci designs.

As I have already stated the samples are made on the line. That means that the quality of the cues which go in the box matches the quality of the cues in the sample room - with one exception - sometimes the ones in the samples room are worse because they have some issue which was corrected but not deemed worthy of building a new sample for.

Here are all the pictures I took - sorry didn't have a lot of time but I think you get the point.

www.jbcases.com/Meucci-Medici

P7071023.jpg

P7071026.jpg

P7071034.jpg

P7071037.jpg

P7071030.jpg

P7071013.JPG

P7071016.JPG

P7071017.JPG

P7071018.JPG

P7071022.JPG

Now, I want to be perfectly clear here. If Meucci or anyone else wants to claim that quality was an issue then I am in complete disagreement based on the quality of these cues on display.

According to the owner of the factory the quality was more than acceptable by the purchasers - and they had ordered more BUT they could not come to terms on the money.

I have zero knoweldge of what the quality was like of the cues which ultimately were delivered. I can confidently say that this factory is incredibly consistent in delivering quality that is better than the show room samples so I have no reason to doubt that this was any different.

I hope that this settles the question of quality, in regards to this subject.

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, I am kind of confused. Am I looking at Meucci's of the past or current cues being made waiting to be shipped out? I got confused bc you said these were great quality, much higher than the productions. Please clarify, maybe I misunderstood. Thanks.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, I am kind of confused. Am I looking at Meucci's of the past or current cues being made waiting to be shipped out? I got confused bc you said these were great quality, much higher than the productions. Please clarify, maybe I misunderstood. Thanks.

These pictures are of samples that are currently sitting on the shelves in the showroom at Kao Kao's factory in China.

All of these cues pictured were made in China under the direction of Bob Meucci.

No Meucci branded cues from Kao Kao were sent to the USA for resale as far as I know.

The Medici cues were 100% produced in China, not 80% and "tweaked at the Meucci factory" as claimed in the Meucci literature.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
http://www.meuccicues.com/medici.htm

"For your economic benefit, Medici cues are 80% manufactured by a premier offshore manufacturer and then fine tuned at the new Meucci factory in Byhalia, MS prior to shipping."

Offshore? Hmm, that doesn't sound like the USA to me.

No no no you see, they make them in the ocean........then assemble them on shore. Its all part of the show. The salt water helps prevent warping while reducing deflection 110%. This allows you to actually put english on both sides of the ball.

jnjoker100

Registered
A long time ago I signed up for Meucci Cues' newsletter. The text below is from the latest edition, which promotes their new RB (recession buster) line of cues.

I've never owned a Meucci cue, and I admittedly don't know much about the company. But, I had heard as recently as last year that the cues had gone down in quality by a considerable amount. My understanding was that the drop in quality was in part due to the manufacturing being shifted overseas. Is that not true? Also, I was under the impression that McDermott cues were manufactured in Wisconsin?

I'm not convinced that one country over another has better cue makers. Especially because cues are such an individual thing. I'm asking, because I don't know. Is Meucci making bogus claims, or just pointing out stuff that I didn't know?

Thanks for the knowledge.

I post this as a retraction. I came to understanding that they are made in china. sorry.

Last edited:

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
And for those of you who want to support America by buying "American" there are plenty of brands to buy from who aren't hypocritical. We at www.CueSight.com sell Viking cues day in and day out and we almost NEVER have any issues with quality or service from the fine folks at Viking.

I love my Viking, too bad they aren't around anymore! I wonder what is going to happen to their lifetime warranty now?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys i have been reading the az forums for almost a month now.
i decided to join today. i have been reading most of the posts almost daily since i discovered this site. i have learned from you guys. most of you seem very knowledgeable,very opinionated but also very helpful to each other. i wanted to reply to this thread because i live close to the meucci factory in byhalia ms. i have been to the factory a few times. one time i ran into bob in the showroom and he gave me a tour of the factory. i watched them lathe butts and shafts. do inlay work. wraps etc. so in my opinion they do more than fine tune cues made in china as one poster said. i wont say 100 % of his cues are made in america but the ones i saw definitely were.:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please forgive me. i meant to say i have learned a lot from you guys. not only was that my first post on this site but its my first post ever on the internet. took me forever to type that post lol. maybe by talking to you guys i will learn to type. by the way im not trying to defend meucci,just telling you what i saw. i bought a used gambler a few years ago for 200 . it had a slightly warped shaft. aint nothing you havent heard bout meucci before,right? i still shot lights out better with it than i did with my new viking. go figure that out. lot of people around here love meucci gamblers. cant tell you how many people saw me shootin with it and come up and offer me 400 or 500 for it. had one guy bug me every time he saw me for a year and a half. finally i traded it to him for a brand new predator black he just bought and i turned around and gave the predator to my girlfriend. thought it would help her game over the player she had bought herself and it has a little

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
John, that is the problem having you in China....we learn what is really going on in these one sided stories.

BTW, I have a Chinese cue case which I don't think could be made as well in America! Thanks John!

BTW, I think made offshore literally means made on a boat! Maybe the Meiduci's are made on a boat. Next he'll be selling them as saltwater infused!