New Method For Attaching Cloth?????

Scott Chendo

Just wondering, how tight are you stretching the bed cloth when you install it on a Valley 7ft bar slate, using Simonis 860 for example?

I don't work with alot of Simonis cloth. I know that it's popular in other parts of the country. Here, it seems that championship cloths reign.

Having said that, I usually give it around 2-3 inches, which seems to me to be more than adequate.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't work with alot of Simonis cloth. I know that it's popular in other parts of the country. Here, it seems that championship cloths reign.

Having said that, I usually give it around 2-3 inches, which seems to me to be more than adequate.

So, you don't have a method of installing the bed cloths with repeatable results in other words, in other words your tight might not be the same tight as someone else's. 2-3 inches stretch is a big difference, but to me that means you're installing the cloth with some kind of stretch, but not to the point that the stretch is maxed out, meaning the cloth won't come loose at a later point in time. Do you use any kind of stretch index in order to determine the amount of stretch a cloth will provide in order to install it at it's maximum amount of stretch?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I just watched your video on the Dynamo table recovery, and I guess I'll have to pass on your system for installing cloth as being way to slow for my personal likes. From the time you start laying out your tape, until the time you cut and stick the last pocket flap is way to long for such a simple process. If we were to do two tables side by side, from the time your slate is ready to start installing the tape, I'd be done with installing the bed cloth on the slate I was working on before you'd be ready to start installing the bed cloth. I don't wrap the cloth around under the slate, I don't use spray glue, and I don't put glue on the surface side of the slate, I only apply my glue to the thickness of the side of the slate and in the pockets where I want to attach the pocket flaps, I don't need to lay out drop cloths...and I'll be done in under 6 minutes from start to finish...and the cloth won't be loose in any direction...not even 6 months later.

Good effort on your part though to try thinking of other ways of doing things.

Glen

Scott Chendo

I just watched your video on the Dynamo table recovery, and I guess I'll have to pass on your system for installing cloth as being way to slow for my personal likes. From the time you start laying out your tape, until the time you cut and stick the last pocket flap is way to long for such a simple process. If we were to do two tables side by side, from the time your slate is ready to start installing the tape, I'd be done with installing the bed cloth on the slate I was working on before you'd be ready to start installing the bed cloth. I don't wrap the cloth around under the slate, I don't use spray glue, and I don't put glue on the surface side of the slate, I only apply my glue to the thickness of the side of the slate and in the pockets where I want to attach the pocket flaps, I don't need to lay out drop cloths...and I'll be done in under 6 minutes from start to finish...and the cloth won't be loose in any direction...not even 6 months later.

Good effort on your part though to try thinking of other ways of doing things.

Glen

Glen,

It sounds like you've got a system that works well for you.

Scott

lumberman

Registered
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried this tape yet, and if so, what were your results. Especially interested in any findings using Simonis cloth.