Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone played with McDermott I-pro shaft?. If so what feedback.Thanks

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i-pro shaft

I have played with it and the g-core shaft from McDermott. I preferred the g-core shaft over the i-pro shaft. The i-pro shaft is heavier. I quit using both for my old maple shaft. I am done using the low-deflection shafts. I used the g-core shaft for many years and then went to the i-pro but after a few months just went back to my regular maple shaft and have been using it the past two years exclusively. I just couldn't get adjusted to the i-pro shaft and after readjusting back to my maple shaft, I just don't feel that the low-deflection shafts gave me the additional accuracy or feel for which they are intended. Just my two cents though.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I have played with it and the g-core shaft from McDermott. I preferred the g-core shaft over the i-pro shaft. The i-pro shaft is heavier. I quit using both for my old maple shaft. I am done using the low-deflection shafts. I used the g-core shaft for many years and then went to the i-pro but after a few months just went back to my regular maple shaft and have been using it the past two years exclusively. I just couldn't get adjusted to the i-pro shaft and after readjusting back to my maple shaft, I just don't feel that the low-deflection shafts gave me the additional accuracy or feel for which they are intended. Just my two cents though.

Huh?

The I-Pro has been on the market just a couple weeks so I can only guess you're talking about an I-1, I-2 or I-3 but not the I-Pro.

Regards, Dave

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone played with McDermott I-pro shaft?. If so what feedback.Thanks

I played with one at the BCA show, a bit meh compared to a few other LD shafts. I'd take OB, Tiger and HXT shafts over it. That is going by how I played with it and the feel. Not a bad shaft if you don't have other's though, but I would not swap to it if you like your LD shaft now.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I tried one a month or two ago at a local dealer. Admittedly I've never been a McDermott fan (although I do own 2 and 2 g-core shafts). The iPro? Meh. At $300+ I'd lean towards a 314-3. At $200, I'd likely get the OB classic +. To me it felt like I was shooting with a cardboard tube. But - to be honest? It's really a personal choice in what you like. If you like it - GREAT. If it doesn't feel quite right, look elsewhere. Really a very subjective topic when you get to picking which LD shaft you like.

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
I was given one to try since I have never been a fan of ld. I really like it!!! Playes much better than the Predator and OBs I have tried!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk