cash trap/ looking for options?

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
been in the business most of my life... not that active here at AZ, but been doing few projects to friends in the local community. had purchase supplies last october 2013 on various US online shops via creditcard. since i was expecting to generate sales during x'mas season on pool tables. / also anticipated the annual sales surge for such... but low and behold! natural and manmade calamities struck PI ( war in south, 7.2 earthquake, govmt fund scam, typhoon yolanda) running a shop with few workers + the usual liabilities... now selling my truck to cover interest/may take time? further more peso-dollar depreciation /monthly interest + surcharge?.
still holding some finish works table/s and cues... i really hate to CUT prices since i believe that the work done is well justified? should a sacrifice sale do the trick? :mad:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if you need cash now, then, yes, you should have a sale on items to bring in that cash now.

In my industry, some companies will lower their rates during a slow period, hoping to generate income. People shop around, and unfortunately, some folks are more interested in the cost rather than being interested in quality. They will go for the lowest cost when purchasing.

In this regard, have that sale. I know it must hurt to let things go at such a low price, but if you need the income, do it.

I am going to have a yard sale this spring with a lot of items from my home, some of which are worth more money than what I am going to ask for. I need to get rid of the excess stuff in my home. There is something to be said about a simple life. I have too much clutter, so I will be selling things below what they are worth. So I definitely can empathize with how you feel when you have to sell items below what they should be selling for. Just do this and get yourself back to a comfortable level again.

Best of luck to you, Linds. :)

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
thanks ma'am... it will hurt me! quite painful seasoning of woods alone takes eternity :crying: