so how is business from last year.

luckyninja

Registered
I asked last year how business was for us pool hall owners. Many seem to just be surviving.

As for us, our numbers are about the same as last year but seem to be trending downwards.

How about you guys?

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
im just surving now

I asked last year how business was for us pool hall owners. Many seem to just be surviving.

As for us, our numbers are about the same as last year but seem to be trending downwards.

How about you guys?
and $11,000 behind in rent,seems like
all the bad stuff hit at the same tiime,rent is just to high now ,have been trying to sell for a year
highrun55
on last chance

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Much better from a few years ago. The smoking ban helped us tremendously. Combined with the attrition of the industry has forced many of our competitors under. We still do not make a profit off pool playing and I think we may be one of the last places on the Missouri side of the river that has 9 foot tables. Couple places have one or two. Contrary to what many think, there are not enough pool players to support the sport. Right this minute I have 5 old guys arguing about baseball, sitting by the tv; and two people playing darts; and ONE person playing pool. Last night we had a Facebook special for free pool and two people showed up. Just a bad time of year right now. I am optimistic for the future because our business is getting better, but it still has a long way to go before I buy that island in Tahiti.

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
My business partner started having karaoke nights to bring in some extras.. It brings in more than I would have expected..some to sing and more to sit and listen. Personally I don't like to shoot wearing ear plugs, but they shoot pool and buy cues so I don't complain. The majority of customers lately have been women, the buy cues, they shoot and they sing. Though most of them don't show up until 930pm.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

How about you guys?

My business has picked up a great deal from last year, I hope it continues. I do not know what you guys depend upon for the majority of your revenue, but I sell beer, Cues, Cases, accessories, and I also do cue repair / cue building. Where I have seen improvement is repair, and general sales, it appears at least in my location people have more funds that they can spend on entertainment.

I wish everyone the best!

HKCY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Mainland China we've got 3 billiard halls. Our membership system has had a positive impact on incoming cash flows.

The Pool Hall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have only been in business for 3 years but things are better than last year so far. Repair work on tables, food sales and the ability to attract more of a family crowd. I do billboards, website, and facebook..............all alot of work and hard to measure results. Good Luck to ALL owners my cell is 8648711535 if anyone needs help with any of the above advertising idea..........just text and I will share what I know.

CPB614

President of Integrity Cues
Silver Member
Corner Pocket Billiards Southampton PA!!!!!

Well, It will be 1 year for me on June 20th of this year and let me say it has been one hell of a ride. I haven't met a person that found out that I opened a new room that didn't ask me if I was CRAZY!!!..Being a brand new room, with only 7 tables has been more good than bad, and the sky is the limit...

The first 3 months, I was swamped, the next 6 were dead, and the last 3 have been Better than I expected....I have met a lot of great people, and had a good time in the process...

Most of my customers are from the local bars, not wanting to deal with the smoke and the out of control younger crowds....

Everyone has their opinions on how to make a pool room work..some people say you need food, some say you need alcohol, some say you need both..you can't please everyone...I believe there is no recipe for this, just run the room as if you were gonna play in it 10-15 hrs a week and people will come....

Best of luck to all the room owners....

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POOL ROOM!!!!!!!

Kevin
Corner Pocket Billiards
614 Second Street Pike
Southampton PA 18966
267-288-5940

Facebook www.facebook.com/cornerpocketbilliardssouthampton
Twitter @cpbilliards
www.cornerpocketbilliards.net

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
Well, It will be 1 year for me on June 20th of this year and let me say it has been one hell of a ride. I haven't met a person that found out that I opened a new room that didn't ask me if I was CRAZY!!!..Being a brand new room, with only 7 tables has been more good than bad, and the sky is the limit...

The first 3 months, I was swamped, the next 6 were dead, and the last 3 have been Better than I expected....I have met a lot of great people, and had a good time in the process...

Most of my customers are from the local bars, not wanting to deal with the smoke and the out of control younger crowds....

Everyone has their opinions on how to make a pool room work..some people say you need food, some say you need alcohol, some say you need both..you can't please everyone...I believe there is no recipe for this, just run the room as if you were gonna play in it 10-15 hrs a week and people will come....

Best of luck to all the room owners....

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POOL ROOM!!!!!!!

Kevin
Corner Pocket Billiards
614 Second Street Pike
Southampton PA 18966
267-288-5940

Facebook www.facebook.com/cornerpocketbilliardssouthampton
Twitter @cpbilliards
www.cornerpocketbilliards.net
Congratz on the anniversary :)

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Its slow now.......I'm in the Flint , Michigan area...........we have been hit hard with GM pulling out......surviving, is better than closing.......I made a choice to keep low inventory in the late spring and summer months this helps............OTB

highrun55

Silver Member
just got word

and $11,000 behind in rent,seems like
all the bad stuff hit at the same tiime,rent is just to high now ,have been trying to sell for a year
highrun55
on last chance

just found out when lease is done in october, then im done
landlord not renewing any more
highrun55

drawls13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really sorry to hear it. My business is always soft at this time of year, but this is as bad as I have ever seen. Just limping along.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Gotta scratch for every penny.

Past couple years...4 pool rooms went under in St. Louis and another is closed due to a car crashing through the front. We are currently one of two pool rooms in Missouri in the St. Louis area that has more than 4 nine foot tables . We are steady and struggling like always. Slowly raising some prices to try and increase revenue. Hard to do in this market. Our pool first went to $3.60 in 1993. We are currently at $3.60. Do the math. The other pool room is rumored to have been for sale and do not expect them to last the year. I havent seen more than 2 people in it for over a year now.

highrun55

Silver Member
Past couple years...4 pool rooms went under in St. Louis and another is closed due to a car crashing through the front. We are currently one of two pool rooms in Missouri in the St. Louis area that has more than 4 nine foot tables . We are steady and struggling like always. Slowly raising some prices to try and increase revenue. Hard to do in this market. Our pool first went to $3.60 in 1993. We are currently at $3.60. Do the math. The other pool room is rumored to have been for sale and do not expect them to last the year. I havent seen more than 2 people in it for over a year now.
hang in there chris and you will have it all good luck
highrun55