Need Cloth Recommendations

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be reclothing my parents home table soon and I'm trying to decide on the type of cloth to buy. They aren't pool players so they could care less about the cloth type. Regardless, I would like to get them something halfway decent without breaking the bank.

Can anyone explain the spectrum of cloth types and prices? I know Simonis is the best but that's too expensive. I've heard Championship makes a similar product to Simonis and I'm pretty sure they make very low quality and inexpensive cloth as well. Otherwise, I don't know what other brands or types to consider.

I'm looking for something better than that the fuzzy cloth often found on barboxes at the corner bar. But I'm not looking to spend more than about half the price of Simonis.

What do you guys recommend?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
do it right or dont do it at all. going the cheap way never works.
you will learn that some day.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can save only little with cheap cloth. Never good idea when you play that a long time.
Go with Simonis and keep it clean.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can save only little with cheap cloth. Never good idea when you play that a long time.
Go with Simonis and keep it clean.

They don't really play at all. The table is just a piece of furniture for them. A few times per year they'll have a party and the grandchildren will mess around on the table. But that's it. They've had the same cloth on the table since they bought it 25+ years ago. The only reason I'm changing the cloth is because they remodeled the house and moved the table.

Last edited:

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

What kind of table is it?
Putting $350 cloth on a $50 table isn't gonna' make it a $400 table.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't remember. Probably a cheap Brunswick. I think it's only a 7 footer. Definitely not worthy of Simonis.

Simonis makes every table better, If what you say is true I would just put regular
cloth on it as they probably don't play anyway. If they are going to use it simonis 860.
If its Brunswick I don't think Brunswick ever made a crap table

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Talk to Seybert’s. Tell them your intentions ... they will
recommend something appropriate.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be reclothing my parents home table soon and I'm trying to decide on the type of cloth to buy. They aren't pool players so they could care less about the cloth type. Regardless, I would like to get them something halfway decent without breaking the bank.

Can anyone explain the spectrum of cloth types and prices? I know Simonis is the best but that's too expensive. I've heard Championship makes a similar product to Simonis and I'm pretty sure they make very low quality and inexpensive cloth as well. Otherwise, I don't know what other brands or types to consider.

I'm looking for something better than that the fuzzy cloth often found on barboxes at the corner bar. But I'm not looking to spend more than about half the price of Simonis.

What do you guys recommend?
We use Championship for all our home table recover jobs, and it is a good quality cloth, at less than half the price of Simonis 860, which if they are not serious players, would just be a waste of $$ to use Simonis. I'm not sure which exact blend of Championship we normally get, but it's certainly not a Simonis type worsted blend.

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Championship Mercury Ultra on a table at home. I am am getting it on a table at my mom's house as well. It plays reasonably fast, its cheap (about $120 for our 8 footer - Seyberts), and it lasts a decent amount of time. Our local pool hall uses it on all its Valley tables for league play. I would recommend it in your situation (I wasn't going to put Simonis on my mom's table either, its used about twice yearly).