AMF or Brunswick Century

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am looking at two tables. One is a AMF from the 1960s the other is a Century. The AMF has that classic pool hall table look, similar to a GC. The Century for some reason looks kinda cheap to me. Which would you get and why? BTW the AMF is $200 more

Attachments

• AMF.jpg
    AMF.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3,133
  • Century.jpg
    Century.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,229

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Unless you like a table built out of particle board with a plywood frame, get the AMF...or keep looking:grin:

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Thanks RKC. How do the AMF compare to GC as far as playability? I love the way it looks, I think it looks nicer than GC.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks RKC. How do the AMF compare to GC as far as playability? I love the way it looks, I think it looks nicer than GC.

About the same, but can be made to play much better if the rails are rebuilt and calibrated to play perfect, then it would play the same as any GC or Diamond with re-calibrated rails.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
AMF.......they are nice tables, As Cobra said, stay away from chip borad tables............OTB

WOW, MY 2000th POST........AWSOME.LOL

Dannydizzan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way the trim and the corners are on the century, it will grab loose clothing and tear holes. The AMF definitely is worth the $200 in looks alone