We need a pool Stimpmeter

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone needs to develop and manufacture a Stimpmeter for pool tables. Cheap plastic fold up devise. Actually a good player can tell by pre game ball rolling.

Stimpmeter: devise to determine speed of golf greens.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone needs to develop and manufacture a Stimpmeter for pool tables. Cheap plastic fold up devise. Actually a good player can tell by pre game ball rolling.

They do but it is easy to make one yourself. I had one I used to test the speed of rails.

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do but it is easy to make one yourself. I had one I used to test the speed of rails.

easy enough I guess. Make a slope our of whatever and just keep same standards of assembly for all cloths. For rails, could just roll em into rails for variances.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

Attachments

• yourhead.jpg
    yourhead.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 405

mowermarty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you can use a golf one on pool tables

you can stimp a pool table with a golf one. I have one and have done it . I just picked the meter up after the ball started to roll and counted the total number of diamonds the cue ball traveled when launched from the stimp .

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I think Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards used a simple one to show Simonis that it needed a cloth speed between 860 and 760. It was a simple slope down a rail to the bed; measure how far the ball rolls. It's simple, accurate and repeatable.