Old Meucci Cues

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please shed some light as to what the differences between the newer Meucci's are in comparison to the older ones?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please shed some light as to what the differences between the newer Meucci's are in comparison to the older ones?

The weight bolt system is different. The brass insert in the shaft used to be real brass. Now, it looks like brass colored tin. More plastic now. I believe the Power Piston cues are made of plastic.

The pin is not a good quality thread on some newer ones. Looks like the threaded rod got really hot when they cut it. Probably used a chop saw. On the new cues, you might find really sharp edges that were never deburred.

More defects now. So many...that they need to mark them factory 2nd instead of throwing away. :lol:

I think the workers might be doing piece/work and get paid by the cue. I don't think anyone checks the cues before they go out the door.:frown:

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The weight bolt system is different. The brass insert in the shaft used to be real brass. Now, it looks like brass colored tin. More plastic now. I believe the Power Piston cues are made of plastic.

The pin is not a good quality thread on some newer ones. Looks like the threaded rod got really hot when they cut it. Probably used a chop saw. On the new cues, you might find really sharp edges that were never deburred.

More defects now. So many...that they need to mark them factory 2nd instead of throwing away. :lol:

I think the workers might be doing piece/work and get paid by the cue. I don't think anyone checks the cues before they go out the door.:frown:

Thanks a lot. I have someone selling me an older meucci but I just couldnt figure out why most people prefer the older ones.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Meucci originals

Try the Search button....Meucci cues....and you'll find LOTS of comments about Meucci Cues.

I'm one of those who liked the MEUCCI ORIGINALS made before 1990.

If you're interested, you can see three of them at my website:

http://sites.google.com/site/donnylutzpool/

...or google my name....

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the old ones are old junk
the new ones are new junk
And don't jump on me about how good the old ones were. I had a brand new one in 1986 and it was great for a couple months then it went bad. Delayed junk bad then- now they are instant junk.
Now if you find an old one in good shape then you got a factory mistake.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I'm in the minority for sure, but I like the old and the new. I haven't had any problems with either. If they hit differently, I can't tell!
Of course I'm as sharp as a beach ball sometimes too! :embarrassed2:

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Pros were wrong?

the old ones are old junk
the new ones are new junk
And don't jump on me about how good the old ones were. I had a brand new one in 1986 and it was great for a couple months then it went bad. Delayed junk bad then- now they are instant junk.
Now if you find an old one in good shape then you got a factory mistake.

If those original MEUCCI ORIGINALS were so bad, why were so many pros playing with them in the '80s?

Just because you got one that was flawed hardly justifies a claim that the thousands sold back then were all junk.

I've owned six, and was more than satisfied with all of them. Were they just "factory mistakes"? Boy was I lucky, huh?