Porter Cable rebuilding tools

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Is anyone interested in delrin tools for assisting in the pressing the bearings when rebuilding the laminate router from Porter Cable? It includes a metal piece for when removing the top bearing, one piece to use to press the top bearing on, a piece for pressing the bottom bearing into the bottom housing, and 2 pieces for pressing the armature into the bottom housing. These are machined to put the pressure on the proper area of the bearing while pressing so that the bearings don't get messed up. A vice, and either drill press/arbor press, or a lathe is needed also...not supplied :D
I made a set for myself and they work very well. Just did 2 change outs with them today and it was smooth as butter. If there's interest, I will build them. There's 5 pieces to it, and would be $25 shipped (48 states). It's very handy if you do your own bearing replacements and own multiple units. I've included a couple pictures. If there's interest, I am also thinking of doing a video of the whole process being done and posting it on youtube.
Thanks,
Dave

DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0755.jpg

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fried Porter Cables

I just fried 2 Porter Cables, I think I'm gonna need a set. And any other info on rebuilding them, thanks in advance.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Okay guys, I'll start them this afternoon and will contact people when ready to ship.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have six sets almost finished. I'll finish them up tomorrow and get them out in order of posts.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Sets are ready to be shipped, PM's have been sent. Thanks guys. Any questions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
All six sets are sold, If anyone else wants a set, let me know, and I'll build more.
Thanks,
dave

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave,
I got my toolset Tuesday. Parts all seem well made. I'm expecting my order of replacement bearings today and I'll see how these tools work out.
Thanks!
Gary

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Just realized I have one more complete set if anyone is interested.
Dave