Bavafongoul Tribute Cue

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Wrapping this with white Cortland with black specks, going to think of him every time I hit the ball.

Attachments

• IMG_20151230_183750_01.jpg
    IMG_20151230_183750_01.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_20151230_184141.jpg
    IMG_20151230_184141.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 648

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Splendid.....Well Done......Cudos

That's the stuff........I did score some CL#12 for the cue Jerry Rauenzahn made for me earlier this year. Jazznpool referred me to a cue-maker who had some old inventory and he shipped 50 yds. to Jerry R.

I was so excited after looking for almost 2 years for CL#12.....and when Jerry wrapped my cue, the linen turned out to be in really terrible condition after the first 5-6 yards. Jerry tried salvaging the CL#12 but it was so bad it had to be junked and so my cue used CL#9 & the #12 was just a waste of money.

Finding Cortland Linen #12 is like looking for hen's teeth, or so I found. I completely abandoned looked for CL#12 and ideologist found the pot of gold.........it will look wonderful on the cue in the photo. As as time passes, the linen will become silky smooth from use and occasional glass burnishing will render it remarkably nicer too.

Right now my final two customs are well underway in order to beat the July 1 CA ivory ban. One of the designs is a fancy Bushka so that cue gets Cortland Linen #9 which is the ideal wrap for a Bushka design....IMO. However the other cue has a more ornate design and the white/green speck is a poor fit with the cue's colors and rings. So I settled upon using a gray color elephant leather wrap Jazznpool has set aside for my cue.

Anytime you can score any Cortland Linen line, you should acquire it even if you don't have any immediate need for it. I scored some white with brown speck CL........I've never seen that type before.....and it's sitting in my pool inventory just in case I ever encounter any need for it......Like I wrote earlier, CL#12 has become exceedingly harder to find and idelogist now owns some hens teeth.

Congrats,

Matt B.

Attachments

• Cortland Linen (10 lb) 1900's.jpg
    Cortland Linen (10 lb) 1900's.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 602
  • Cortland Linen (10 lb).jpg
    Cortland Linen (10 lb).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 594
  • Cortland Linen #10 (Brown Speck).jpg
    Cortland Linen #10 (Brown Speck).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 586