Carbon Q- lesser known manufacturers

terpdad

Registered
I currently play w/ a Predator 314-3 on a generic butt w/ Uniloc pin. I like it, but am looking for something more personalized. I am considering having a simple 4 prong butt made to pair w/ a carbon shaft.

I've been disappointed the cost of these shafts hasn't come down more & was wondering if any offerings from the smaller companies were worth trying. Put another way, are there quality CF shafts out there for cheapskates?:D

My game D/N really need to make this jump. I am a C+/B- player. Just think it might be something fun to play around with.

Ed P

Registered
Yes, there are some lesser known or maybe better said lesser named companies. There is a Chinese company which has a knock off Predator and another knock off carbon shaft. Unfortunately I do not know how they play. But they were advertising around $100.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, there are some lesser known or maybe better said lesser named companies. There is a Chinese company which has a knock off Predator and another knock off carbon shaft. Unfortunately I do not know how they play. But they were advertising around $100.
That Predoair stuff is junk.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Don't be a cheapskate and purchase a Predator SP2 Revo series cue from Seyberts. They are $899 and you can use the affirm payment option and use a monthly payment plan. That way you know it's quality that will last.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
fishermanOICUR1 of this forum made me a carbon fiber shaft for a very reasonable price. Give his work a look, you won't be disappointed.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
fishermanOICUR1 of this forum made me a carbon fiber shaft for a very reasonable price. Give his work a look, you won't be disappointed.

Terry sold me a blank as well. He hand selected a blank for me, and I sent it to my Cue Maker, who is impressed with the blank. I should have the completed shaft in the next few weeks.