WPS Grand Final and US Open: how did they perform?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are SPRs--Specific Performance Ratings--for players in the WPS and US Open events. These are not Fargo Ratings; they are like effective Fargo Ratings maintained just during the specific events.

These are the top performers who had 100 or more games logged

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.33.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.33.26 PM.png
    132 KB · Views: 442

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how eklent isn't first if any thing second considering his overall win loss record in both tournaments combined. I guess he was wining matches closer to hill n only winning a few games for the matches he lost???

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how eklent isn't first if any thing second considering his overall win loss record in both tournaments combined. I guess he was wining matches closer to hill n only winning a few games for the matches he lost???

It is a combination of what you say mixed in with strength of your individual opponent field added over all your matched. Kaci performed at a VERY high level.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another interesting number would be their specific performance minus their current rating giving their over/under achievement ratio for the events.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at Corey’s Fargo rate compared to how he played in these two events, it does show what everyone was seeing.....that he was playing better than he has been(not that he isn’t a great player).

I’ve only recently become familiar with Fargo ratings, but thus far I see more examples of it working than not.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another interesting number would be their specific performance minus their current rating giving their over/under achievement ratio for the events.
I would also like to see this data, as a histogram in 5 number increments.
Just glancing at the data, Appleton with a Fargo of 790 performed at a 775 SPR (15 points below his expectation).
And superman Shaw with Fargo of 815 performed at a 830 SPR (15 points above).
Ko PinYi with Fargo of 811 performed at 824 SPR (13 points above).
Kazakis with Fargo of 782 performed at 768 SPR (14 points below).