Any info and value?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of you cue Guru's have info / value? This cue was Bert Schragers fathers cue (Joseph L. Schrager). Thanks in advance!!!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bert Schragers fathers cue?

Wow.

With that provenance I don't know that I could value it....

I have a twin to that cue that has linen instead of leather (not original wrap) that I got for $100. I thought it was a fair price as the cue is otherwise original and very pristine. It's round about 100 years old I believe. My decal is 100% intact and I have a spool of original linen to restore the wrap to original.

That cue? The provenance and personalization is where the value is...and I have no idea. I imagine that was personalized at the Brunswick factory. But I am no expert to say that definitively.

I am very happy to see it though. Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Well, I'll give it a little perspective. In the late 70s, there really weren't too many premiere cuemakers. Gus Szamboti, Dan Janes, Tim Scruggs, Ernie Gutierrez, Bill Stroud, Bill Schick, Bert Schrager, and a few others.

It wasn't the crowded market that it is today. So, value? For someone wanting to play the cue, probably not that much. On the other hand, a collector of historical cues, it would be higher value. Hard to place.

But it's good to see these gems now and then.

All the best,
WW

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys... I bought the cue from Bert's nephew and also bought a carom cue that Bert made for his brother. I am no longer into collecting cues and will turn some loose. Will be posting about 22 Schragers up for sale soon.

Best!