Pat Howey

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I have re-posted this thread on the main forum again. Hopefully a moderator will be able to move it to Hall of Fame where it belongs. Thanks to all who posted here.

I played in a NCS 14.1 qualifier this past Saturday. Many of my fellow players commented on the loss of Pat. We'll never know how great a player (and person) he might have been.

Lyn

Lyn

I am putting together some of these videos - everybody will definitely get a glimpse of how great Pat Howey was!

Pat Howey - Side Pocket Break Shot

SKIP SINK

a remembrance...

I knew Pat Howey when he was probably 17 or 18 years old and played against him at the Corning (NY) Bowl Billiards Lounge in the mid sixties. I also played against him when he visited my step-grandfather’s pool room in Wellsboro, PA. He was visiting his aunt, uncle and cousins who ran a restaurant there which is still family-run today. Unfortunately, I left the northern tier of PA in the late sixties so lost contact with Pat except when his cousin Dave Howey would tell me about his billiard achievements through the years. I knew from the first time I played with Pat that he had tremendous potential and time would prove me right. I was shocked and saddened to hear of his passing and my heartfelt condolences go out to the family.

poolhallringer

Registered
Pat Howey ...

I am sorry to hear about Pat Howey's passing and extend my condolences
to friends and family. I first met Pat back in the 80's at the Akron open.
Whenever we would bump into each other we would talk about all the old
time pool halls and players we both knew and played. I can still clearly
visualize Pat's very unique slip stroke. The only other player that I knew
with such a perfect slip stroke was Cicero Murphy, who like Pat, was a
world straight pool champion.