Mezz Exceed Telescopic Extension

Wheels33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many, perhaps most, cues are made with bumpers held in place by a machine screw. It seems to me a bumper could be made such that the machine screw also holds a small threaded tube internal to the bumper... and that could be the anchor for the extension. At least for that type of bumper, would it not work?

The balance right 11" rear extension works like that. There's a replacement bumper with a hole in it, and the extension screws into the weight bolt on compatible cues. I've got one I keep on a Lucasi Hybrid. It works great, only thing I don't like is that it doesn't completely line up flush with the end of the butt.

Val

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen videos of Mika Immonen and Rodney Morris using a mid cue extension of about 4-5". Does anyone know what type of extension is that?

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone offer an opinion on the differences (and pluses and minuses) of the competing rear cue extensions?

There seem to be the Exceed (Mezz) one referred to in this thread, the Balance Rite rear extension: http://www.seyberts.com/products/Balance_Rite_Pool_Cue_Extension-103483-39.html and the Tiger Xtension http://www.seyberts.com/products/Tiger_X_Tension_Kit_Pool_Cue_Extension-104475-39.html

None of these seem like they would naturally fit my player (Olivier), but I'm assuming a good cue mechanic can make them work (or maybe someone can chime in on which ones can and cannot be adapted).

Gideon<-----Balance Rite is cheaper

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the exceed telescopic extension. I use the longest length maybe 1 out of 8 times. Most of the time, the default ( shortest) length is enough. So for me, I would get an extension but do not see the need for the telescopic one as it is much more expensive.

Val

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your opinion. It is much appreciated. I thought the telescopic extension may be more useful than the regular one, but it will not be needed in case it is used only few times.

Val

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the telescopic extension in the meantime and it is very useful. I use it quite often extended in full.