Need OB Classic Pro or local OB carbon fiber pads ASAP

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I live in the Detroit area and recently switched to an OB Classic Pro shaft and don't have a spare. My tip and pad came off this afternoon and none of my normal cue repair guys have any of the OB carbon fiber pads in stock so I am kind of screwed at the moment because I REALLY wanted to play pool this weekend.

If anyone out there knows someone relatively near the Detroit area with any OB pads or even a OB Classic Pro shaft in 3/8 x 10 and ideally 30" I would greatly appreciate it. Worst case, a shorter shaft would just be a spare so the 29" would work since I am in a pinch. I may be interested in a cheaper cue with an OB Classic Pro shaft if I can't find anything else. I just can't believe that I haven't found anyone with the pads in stock.

I need a solution for this weekend so buying one with shipping is out of the question for now. I also have a regular OB Classic in 3/8 x 10 that I don't need so if I can find a remedy to my problem I may heavily discount it or give it away under the right circumstances. I have lots of things going on next week so I really want to be able to get lots of good practice and play some people this weekend. Any help is appreciated. Yes, I already know that I am crazy for wanting to play pool so badly this weekend.

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
get the classic taken down if its for the same cue? And would any carbon fiber pad work? Were you not able to salvage it off the old tip?

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I would but it is a different taper and I have a feeling that the classic would turn out to be worthless. No, the pad kind of failed so it wasn't able to be salvaged. Plus the Classic doesn't have a pad either so it all comes down to not having any of the Ob pads and not having a spare shaft. I would imagine that other brand carbon fiber pads would work as long as they are carbon fiber.