Slip Stroke

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeffrey Ignacio, a favorite player of mine to watch, uses a slip stroke. I didn't notice it until I played him a few years ago in California. Now I see it in his videos as well. Jeffrey is as natural a talent at pool as there can be... what a stroke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTWxz6wFC7E&t=73s

do yourself a favor and witch this video. it shows his stroke, as well as some of the most ridiculous cut shots you will ever see

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jeffrey Ignacio, a favorite player of mine to watch, uses a slip stroke. I didn't notice it until I played him a few years ago in California. Now I see it in his videos as well. Jeffrey is as natural a talent at pool as there can be... what a stroke.

do yourself a favor and witch this video. it shows his stroke, as well as some of the most ridiculous cut shots you will ever see

I wanna see that guy in your avatar with the fence post use a slipstroke!

For those asking about benefits I think there are several. One is you automatically stroke through the cue ball, always a good thing. Two, you hit the cue ball with the same range of motion as your practice strokes. It is like you clicked a button and your cue was several inches longer at the tip end.

Ultimately, you probably can't do anything with a slipstroke you can't do with another stroke although it is deadly when shooting with a cue ball frozen to a rail. However, aside from anything else, the slipstroke is an art, a real thing of beauty. That is why I try to practice it every chance I get. A piece of lost video, I watched somebody with a huge slipstroke that seemed like either his forearm was made of rubber or he had a few extra joints in that arm. Mesmerizing is the only word!

Hu

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What year was that? There used to be a player that came up to Hard Times from San Diego for some of the larger tournaments. However, he looked somewhat older than this Ignacio but a somewhat very similar stroke.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What year was that? There used to be a player that came up to Hard Times from San Diego for some of the larger tournaments. However, he looked somewhat older than this Ignacio but a somewhat very similar stroke.

Jeffrey played in some hard times tournaments like 4 or 5 years ago when he was in town. I believe it was right before he won the US bar table 8 ball and 10 ball in Vegas. But he resides in the Philippines so probably not the guy you're thinking of. Also, he's pretty young, still in his 20s.