Not pool related

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Simple solution, not for Banking visits.:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great stuff. It's pool related, too, as playing pool requires remaining alive.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if home-made masks provide protection?

Not trying to be a smart butt, just do not know the answer and we have been given 2 by a crafty neighbor.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Not trying to be a smart butt, just do not know the answer and we have been given 2 by a crafty neighbor.

The homemade mask is not very effective at protecting you from Corona air, sneezes, coughs, and or droplets that you might encounter, but is effective in limiting what you will spread to others if you are infected. Hence, if everyone wears one of them, it makes a big difference. As asymptomatic Corona is a major problem, wearing even a homemade mask helps protect others around you from becoming infected.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Seems to me the material used in shop towels would do a better job of capturing the sneeze/cough droplets than cotton....I have no study to back this up, though.

The homemade mask is not very effective at protecting you from Corona air, sneezes, coughs, and or droplets that you might encounter, but is effective in limiting what you will spread to others if you are infected. Hence, if everyone wears one of them, it makes a big difference. As asymptomatic Corona is a major problem, wearing even a homemade mask helps protect others around you from becoming infected.

Yeah, it seems that many people do not understand that they should wear the masks to protect others, just in case they have the virus, and do not know it.

In order to protect themselves from the virus, they would need an entire face shield, that would cover the eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. I have yet to see anyone wearing one of those at any public places, like a grocery store.

They are not all that expensive either.

https://thisweeksleak.com/products/...FZfvHp4KyHYDpi5vgkXFrJ4jlpJcED6hoCQt4QAvD_BwE

Last edited:

No, here is a pic of what you would need to fully protect yourself from others.

The mask in the other link that I posted above does not protect the ears, so it is not full protection.

Attachments

• full-length-face-shields-nonfs300-96-case.jpg
    full-length-face-shields-nonfs300-96-case.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited: