Funny Nit Story

JC

Coos Cues
Playing league one night and there's a guy watching us the whole time. About half way through he inquires to the bar tender who plays for money. He comes over to chit chat a little and try to make a game when the league match is almost over. He says he's from Pennsylvania and is just in town to take care of his aging mom.

So we're talking among ourselves deciding who's going to play him. My buddy Bobby wants to but isn't holding much cash. Bobby's wife is objecting profusely, knowing we are being hustled. I tell Bobby go ahead and play him some and I'll cover it for half.

So when it's time to play the guy goes out to his car and comes back with a giant hard case. He opens the bad boy up and gets out a player, a breaker and a jumper. He also produces a high tech looking set of some kind of night vision shooting goggles and proceeds to don them. The guy asks what Bobby wants to play for and Bobby suggests 20 a game. The guy says "let's start at 10". So they lag for break and Bobby wins the lag, breaks and runs out. Dude pays the 10 and racks. Bobby breaks dry and the guy runs 3 or 4 balls (8 ball is the game) and misses. Now I'm starting to feel the hustle. Bobby runs out again. This time he takes off his goggles and carefully puts them away in the case, digs in his pockets and mustering every nickel, dime and penny he can find only produces 8 dollars and change. By now we're just laughing our asses off. He swears he will be back with the other dollar and change. Never saw him again. I took the ten dollar bill and gave Bobby the cluster of change. His wife was still pissed.

You cannot make this shit up!

Just when you think you've seen it all.

JC

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A hustler's playing glasses.

best-night-vision-goggles-for-kids.jpg

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Playing league one night and there's a guy watching us the whole time. About half way through he inquires to the bar tender who plays for money. He comes over to chit chat a little and try to make a game when the league match is almost over. He says he's from Pennsylvania and is just in town to take care of his aging mom.

So we're talking among ourselves deciding who's going to play him. My buddy Bobby wants to but isn't holding much cash. Bobby's wife is objecting profusely, knowing we are being hustled. I tell Bobby go ahead and play him some and I'll cover it for half.

So when it's time to play the guy goes out to his car and comes back with a giant hard case. He opens the bad boy up and gets out a player, a breaker and a jumper. He also produces a high tech looking set of some kind of night vision shooting goggles and proceeds to don them. The guy asks what Bobby wants to play for and Bobby suggests 20 a game. The guy says "let's start at 10". So they lag for break and Bobby wins the lag, breaks and runs out. Dude pays the 10 and racks. Bobby breaks dry and the guy runs 3 or 4 balls (8 ball is the game) and misses. Now I'm starting to feel the hustle. Bobby runs out again. This time he takes off his goggles and carefully puts them away in the case, digs in his pockets and mustering every nickel, dime and penny he can find only produces 8 dollars and change. By now we're just laughing our asses off. He swears he will be back with the other dollar and change. Never saw him again. I took the ten dollar bill and gave Bobby the cluster of change. His wife was still pissed.

JC

If he comes back, get a link for those goggles. :grin:

JoeyA

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JC

Thats funny. I played a guy in Europe in the early 90's who was like that. I was in a place and asked if they had anyone around who would like to play some 9 ball for a small amount. They got on the phone and called someone and told us he would be here in a short time. This was in Germany by the way. US players in the 90's were going to Germany and hustling pool. A lot of good scores were made back then.

Anyway, in a little while the door opens and in comes this guy carrying a fancy huge box case. He was unbelievable looking. A very unusual posture, thin with long blond hair. He looked like and was dressed almost like the Gainsborough painting "Blueboy". He opens the case and pulls out a fancy Joss cue, a break cue, chalk, power and sets up everything on a small table. He wanted to hit a few balls before playing. He begins shooting wing shots missing like half. After a few minutes he is ready to play.

I ask what he wants to play for and he says he doesn't care. I say 50 marks a game (About $32.00 back then) and he agrees. We start playing and he actually plays pretty good. While we are playing he keeps referring to me as "Woodsman". I had long hair and a long beard, still do. I look more like a biker but to him I looked like a woodsman. A pretty good crowd gathers to watch the game. We play about two hours or so before he quits like 8 or 9 games down. After paying he politely thanks me for the game and packs up everything and out the door he goes.

My wife always gives people nicknames and she refers to him as "European man" when she tells the story. She speaks German and told me they were making fun of the guy in German. It seems he was like the best player around there but no one likes him. They called him hoping I would beat him. This guy was really something to see though. Heck, I would not be surprised if he doesn't read this forum and recognizes this story.

Reactions: JC

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hustle

so im home on leave from army, riding around town. found this little game room and go in wwatch this man 25-26 yr old beating these kids out of 2-3 game playing 8ball. so aafter he had all there money i ask want to play me? i will give you all your ball in 8ball all you have to do is make the 8 but i get first shot after break. wow yep he said-well i was hitting ther prttty sporty mback then o with nothing in my way i would run out.ha after about 75-100 bucks i gives up i cant beat you!!!! SUCKER!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup: