Friday July 4th Bobby D's Burlington - Action night

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Talked with Mikey tonight. He's OK with it. DJ will play anyone on my dime. That's the benefit I get of being friends with him.
Your dime or A dime? :eek:

Thought this was friendly?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Two weeks ago our race was 5-3, if people like you didnt dump to me all the time, I would still be the same handicap.
LMAO. I've never played you in 8-ball, so I've never dumped to you. You're a 6 in 8-ball because either (A) you won a lot of matches, or (B) you got caught sandbagging. I don't care how you got there. It's your ranking. If all those other players didn't dump against me, I'd still be a 5.

Ignore list for you. Bye bye!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn:

I have two options for you. Pick the one that suits you best.

Option A:
Because of the two matches you dumped against me, I get a 2-0 lead in sets at the start, you should be penalized for those.
Game: 8 ball
Table: Barbox at Boulevard
Race: 4-4 EVEN, I get to break first every set.
Stake: $50/set
Length: 5 sets, no more, no less. Not including the spot.
Rules: VNEA *same as BCA but scratch on the 8 is a loss?*

OPTION B:
Game: Modified 10 ball
Table: 9ft
Race: 5-5 EVEN I get the 9*, first break*
Stake: $50*
Length: 1 set
Rules: Modified

RULES: Heres the thing, Ive never played 10 ball. When I break, I break a 9 ball rack then after the break the 10 is spotted, if the spot is covered, us head rail spot? you break a 10 ball rack. No 3 foul rule, no 10 ball on the break, no 9 ball on the break, shooters option of re-rack or spot. I make the 9, I win. 9 out rules. Basically, Im playing 9 ball and you're playing 10 ball.

Stake: I'll put up $50 against an apology from you for my team who you insulted last week. I dont want your money but you cant act like a jerk and never apologize for it. If I lose, I'll give you $50 and you still have to apologize to my team. I will do the same to yours for getting out of line.

Interested?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
LMAO. I've never played you in 8-ball, so I've never dumped to you. You're a 6 in 8-ball because either (A) you won a lot of matches, or (B) you got caught sandbagging. I don't care how you got there. It's your ranking. If all those other players didn't dump against me, I'd still be a 5.

Ignore list for you. Bye bye!

A) I did win a lot, you're right. They were in Las Vegas against other 5s, those scores have been updated into my league stats recently.
B) Uh yeah, sandbagging 6.

These are my last 8 ball matches VS SL5
SL5
10 Wins
6 Losses

last 30 (comes up with 29?) (18/29 - 62.1%)

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Shawn:

I have two options for you. Pick the one that suits you best.

Option A:
Because of the two matches you dumped against me, I get a 2-0 lead in sets at the start, you should be penalized for those.
Game: 8 ball
Table: Barbox at Boulevard
Race: 4-4 EVEN, I get to break first every set.
Stake: $50/set
Length: 5 sets, no more, no less. Not including the spot.
Rules: VNEA *same as BCA but scratch on the 8 is a loss?*

OPTION B:
Game: Modified 10 ball
Table: 9ft
Race: 5-5 EVEN I get the 9*, first break*
Stake: $50*
Length: 1 set
Rules: Modified

RULES: Heres the thing, Ive never played 10 ball. When I break, I break a 9 ball rack then after the break the 10 is spotted, if the spot is covered, us head rail spot? you break a 10 ball rack. No 3 foul rule, no 10 ball on the break, no 9 ball on the break, shooters option of re-rack or spot. I make the 9, I win. 9 out rules. Basically, Im playing 9 ball and you're playing 10 ball.

Stake: I'll put up $50 against an apology from you for my team who you insulted last week. I dont want your money but you cant act like a jerk and never apologize for it. If I lose, I'll give you $50 and you still have to apologize to my team. I will do the same to yours for getting out of line.

Interested?
I OWE NO APOLOGIES.

Bar box? I thought we were going to play pool? Oh, yeah - nice choice of location. Your practice room/home table. NICE. Stack the odds any way you can.

Neither offer is fair. Sorry. The deal about 10 ball is the balls don't spread as well when they're racked in 10-ball fashion. It's hard to make A ball, let alone BALLS at 10-ball. Your game would be 9-ball, but add a ball. Sorry, locksmith. Nice try, though. I'll play you straight to 5 in 10ball against me, and you get the last two. That means no money balls on the breaks, and you have to run to the last ball on the table before the 10 ball. No combos count unless it's the 10.

There was nothing said to your team that deserves an apology. I've asked everyone that heard the altercation last week who was at fault, and I'm not the one being called an Ahole.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
I OWE NO APOLOGIES.

Bar box? I thought we were going to play pool?

Neither offer is fair. Sorry. The deal about 10 ball is the balls don't spread as well when they're racked in 10-ball fashion. It's hard to make A ball, let alone BALLS at 10-ball. Your game would be 9-ball, but add a ball. Sorry, locksmith. Nice try, though. I'll play you straight to 5 in 10ball against me, and you get the last two. That means no money balls on the breaks, and you have to run to the last ball on the table before the 10 ball. No combos count unless it's the 10.

There was nothing said to your team that deserves an apology. I've asked everyone that heard the altercation last week who was at fault, and I'm not the one being called an Ahole.

I think both offers are fair, if anyone has any input on what a FAIR race would be, please chime in.

Ive heard otherwise about last week. But also heard it was the norm for you, and to just ignore you.

10 ball huh? I get the 8, 9, 10 win? You can offer me 2 money balls but only 2 on the wire to 10? Is that even the same ball park as each other?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I get the 8, 9, first break and choice of table *9ft*, I accept your offer.

I heard the 10 on the break is not a win, is this correct?

srs314

shooterville.com
OK Guys I think it's time for us to stop this discussion. Time to move on I'm not a fan of reading two people arguing back and forth in my forums.

Thanks for your understanding.