Friday July 4th Bobby D's Burlington - Action night

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Perhaps you should play 8-ball or 10-ball to make the sessions more fair. 9-ball is a great game, but can become "slash for the cash" too quickly with big ball spots or game spots.

Dan, are you looking to actually play real sets, or just take money from fish? I've offered to play you for money countless times now, and I don't hear you taking me up on my game. Is my money not green enough for you?

Actually, we didnt play any 9 ball sets, not one. All 8 ball was the game on friday.

Offer me a fair game and I'll play whenever. You knew when we were playing, you could have came by. Im looking to play, have some fun and win or lose I go home content because I didnt either have to out run the nuts, or someone else have to out run them against me.

Race? Stake? Game? Location? Table size? I can accept, decline or counter offer. Also, dont be trying that BS "I dont spot anyone or take a spot from anyone for money" Its very rare players will play at an even 'speed'

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Actually, we didnt play any 9 ball sets, not one. All 8 ball was the game on friday.

Offer me a fair game and I'll play whenever. You knew when we were playing, you could have came by. Im looking to play, have some fun and win or lose I go home content because I didnt either have to out run the nuts, or someone else have to out run them against me.

Race? Stake? Game? Location? Table size? I can accept, decline or counter offer. Also, dont be trying that BS "I dont spot anyone or take a spot from anyone for money" Its very rare players will play at an even 'speed'
No, it's just rare in your circle. I play with Robbie, straight races whatever we play. We're the same ranking in 8-ball, he's one higher (used to be 2) in 9-ball, and I play him straight.

I'm not basing our gambling session on your sandbagging league ranking that you've "earned" over the past little while. You played for me as a 3 a few sessions ago, and now you're a 6, so I have no clue what your real speed is. You seem like you are locksmithing, and looking for a game you know you can't lose. How about manning up and playing like real players do? You were the first guy to ask me to gamble. Put the money on the line, with no spot. It's not like I am clearly that much better than you. You've beat me the last two times you've played me at league at 9-ball. Maybe YOU should be spotting ME.

When you want to play a real set, let me know. If you want to keep woofing about beating me with the spot, I guess I'll just keep playing you and adding to your league status.

Oh, btw, nice job filing a sportsmanship complaint against me with Barb on Sunday.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
your looking for a game shawn?? im in burlington would love to play some sets.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
xpatcan1 said:
your looking for a game shawn?? im in burlington would love to play some sets.
Yeah, I'm looking for a game with Dan. He's told everyone he can hammer me, yet he asks for a stupid spot every time he mentions money.

If this is Justin, I've heard you play quite well. If you want to play a few sets, PM me and let me know. I'm a guy with a mortgage and two kids, so we're not talking life changing money here.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
No, it's just rare in your circle. I play with Robbie, straight races whatever we play. We're the same ranking in 8-ball, he's one higher (used to be 2) in 9-ball, and I play him straight.

I'm not basing our gambling session on your sandbagging league ranking that you've "earned" over the past little while. You played for me as a 3 a few sessions ago, and now you're a 6, so I have no clue what your real speed is. You seem like you are locksmithing, and looking for a game you know you can't lose. How about manning up and playing like real players do? You were the first guy to ask me to gamble. Put the money on the line, with no spot. It's not like I am clearly that much better than you. You've beat me the last two times you've played me at league at 9-ball. Maybe YOU should be spotting ME.

When you want to play a real set, let me know. If you want to keep woofing about beating me with the spot, I guess I'll just keep playing you and adding to your league status.

Oh, btw, nice job filing a sportsmanship complaint against me with Barb on Sunday.

Like I said, offer me a game, a bet, location, table and I will either accept or decline. If real players play even, we can play even and then I have someone else for you to play and Im going to be putting up the cash, oh, and bumping the bet up.......

There has been no offer at all. Tonight at midnight is your deadline, because I already have a perfectly fair game in mind for us to play. The stakes are what is really going to get you. :eek: You in fact 'woofed' at me in a thread on this board, asking to gamble. The reply you got was "if you are going to dump like you did at league, we can play for whatever you want" (or something like that)

When I play Robbie, we play 9 ball, 8-5 race and he has the better of it. Since you and I quote "Dominated him" playing 10 ball, I think that you should have to give me an extra game on that, either way is fine. 9-5 or 8-4. DOMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post my offer of a game to you tomorrow, and I expect you to decline because you wont play me without what YOU think is an edge.

The truth is, you really have no idea how good/bad I am so you cant make out a fair spot. You are the FAR superior player, human being etc. You totally pwn noobs on the inter-web, (whatever that means?!) Your pool knowledge and experience far exceeds my short 2 year pool career. You are in fact, the man, even at 9-5 race, I still need more games to make it even. Seriously, you're the best Armstrong. How does 43-5 race and 3:1 on the cash sound?

As for my league ranking, I think I have earned it. Ask any player in the league if my handicap is fitting to what they believe my ability is. If you'd like to go ahead and look over my stats, Im sure you'd be surprised to find that I am just an average player, not some super star, pro-level, ball potting machine that people claim I am. Some days I play well, some days, not so well. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

I didnt fill out a complaint on the website, I was talking to her and told her what happened. You refused to play my lower ranked player because she wasnt good enough, saying we were throwing off on you... because Id do that playing summer session of league, then you acted like a ***** all night, then when you got un-lucky and lost, you made it out to seem like you dumped.... when we both know that I just got some lucky rolls. Then you complained because I get to go to Las Vegas, because I didnt earn that at all, just sandbagging. All of my male SL2's are actually SL900's. If you only had a sportsmanship complaint about you, think yourself lucky. I bet if someone treated your wife like you treated my wife to be, you'd do a lot more then make a sportsmanship complaint. Id imagine someone would have to be removing an inlay from their 'brainal' region.

So champ, whats the game?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Yeah, I'm looking for a game with Dan. He's told everyone he can hammer me, yet he asks for a stupid spot every time he mentions money.

If this is Justin, I've heard you play quite well. If you want to play a few sets, PM me and let me know. I'm a guy with a mortgage and two kids, so we're not talking life changing money here.

Justin plays pretty well, I didnt ask for any spot nor have I ever said Id "hammer" you.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Like I said, offer me a game, a bet, location, table and I will either accept or decline. If real players play even, we can play even and then I have someone else for you to play and Im going to be putting up the cash, oh, and bumping the bet up.......

There has been no offer at all. Tonight at midnight is your deadline, because I already have a perfectly fair game in mind for us to play. The stakes are what is really going to get you. :eek: You in fact 'woofed' at me in a thread on this board, asking to gamble. The reply you got was "if you are going to dump like you did at league, we can play for whatever you want" (or something like that)

When I play Robbie, we play 9 ball, 8-5 race and he has the better of it. Since you and I quote "Dominated him" playing 10 ball, I think that you should have to give me an extra game on that, either way is fine. 9-5 or 8-4. DOMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post my offer of a game to you tomorrow, and I expect you to decline because you wont play me without what YOU think is an edge.

The truth is, you really have no idea how good/bad I am so you cant make out a fair spot. You are the FAR superior player, human being etc. You totally pwn noobs on the inter-web, (whatever that means?!) Your pool knowledge and experience far exceeds my short 2 year pool career. You are in fact, the man, even at 9-5 race, I still need more games to make it even. Seriously, you're the best Armstrong. How does 43-5 race and 3:1 on the cash sound?

As for my league ranking, I think I have earned it. Ask any player in the league if my handicap is fitting to what they believe my ability is. If you'd like to go ahead and look over my stats, Im sure you'd be surprised to find that I am just an average player, not some super star, pro-level, ball potting machine that people claim I am. Some days I play well, some days, not so well. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

I didnt fill out a complaint on the website, I was talking to her and told her what happened. You refused to play my lower ranked player because she wasnt good enough, saying we were throwing off on you... because Id do that playing summer session of league, then you acted like a ***** all night, then when you got un-lucky and lost, you made it out to seem like you dumped.... when we both know that I just got some lucky rolls. Then you complained because I get to go to Las Vegas, because I didnt earn that at all, just sandbagging. All of my male SL2's are actually SL900's. If you only had a sportsmanship complaint about you, think yourself lucky. I bet if someone treated your wife like you treated my wife to be, you'd do a lot more then make a sportsmanship complaint. Id imagine someone would have to be removing an inlay from their 'brainal' region.

So champ, whats the game?
Here's the game. 14.1, race to 200, $1 per ball.

Deal?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Here's the game. 14.1, race to 200, $1 per ball.

Deal?

I respectfully decline your offer. 6 hours til midnight! I will be checking back.

Honestly, Ive never played 14.1, I dont really know how it works and I probably dont have enough time to figure it out. I (think I) know how to play 8 ball and 9 ball. I know you like 10 ball but Ive never played that either, are the rules the same?

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
I respectfully decline your offer. 6 hours til midnight! I will be checking back.

Honestly, Ive never played 14.1, I dont really know how it works and I probably dont have enough time to figure it out. I (think I) know how to play 8 ball and 9 ball. I know you like 10 ball but Ive never played that either, are the rules the same?
You told me to name the game. I named it. Tell you what, we'll go mainstream, then. 8-ball. Race to 10, you get two games on the wire. BCA rules. $200. Game?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
You told me to name the game. I named it. Tell you what, we'll go mainstream, then. 8-ball. Race to 10, you get two games on the wire. BCA rules. $200. Game?

I again, repectfully decline. Keep those games coming! You're the best 8 ball player this side of Toronto, I should move to a deserted island, then Id be the best there.

Dont forget, Im young and I cant concentrate for a long period of time. 10 games is too much. We could potentially have to play 17 games for $200.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
hello,

i cant be bothered to read everything so,,,, ya,,,,,, i am going to the formac now if anyone one wants to play.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
I again, repectfully decline. Keep those games coming! You're the best 8 ball player this side of Toronto, I should move to a deserted island, then Id be the best there.

Dont forget, Im young and I cant concentrate for a long period of time. 10 games is too much. We could potentially have to play 17 games for $200.
Yeah, judging from your responses, the only bet you'd accept is if water is wet.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Yeah, judging from your responses, the only bet you'd accept is if water is wet.

Bet! $500. I get that it is wet.

Do you give up making an offer? You've made two offers, one game I dont know, the other offer is much too long. No one likes a quitter Armstrong!

Robbie

kidsmooth
Silver Member
This is alot of reading. I cant believe you guys are going on this long and both ok with 8BALL! Just do a CPA race based on your SLs....

and then I want the winner!

Ok, Im off to the end pocket for the tourney. Later skaters!

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
As far as I care, you're a waste of time, Dan. Grow up, man up, and play a fair set. But, knowing you, that couldn't happen because you can't win.

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
Robbie said:
This is alot of reading. I cant believe you guys are going on this long and both ok with 8BALL! Just do a CPA race based on your SLs....

and then I want the winner!

Ok, Im off to the end pocket for the tourney. Later skaters!
I thought that's exactly what I offered! I could play him one race, 5/4 for $100, but felt like making it a longer race for double the money. The weaker player usually favours a short race. That's why he's turning it down. The way his "posse" rolls, they like races to 2 for $50, getting a one game spot.

I'm done with Dan. He's like a cold - a pain in the ass that takes too long to go away.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
I knew you wouldn't take either offer, because they were fair. Oh, well, you just blew easy money, seeing as "you own me".

If any of your big, bad friends want to play against me, that's fine. I'm assuming that Brandenburg and Justin are waitiing in the wings? As long as they don't mind posting up the same money on the same races against Mikey R and DJ, I'm OK with that.

Big bad friends? You offer me a game where I am at a disadvantage, I accept and offer you a game where you are at a disadvantage. Who has a better chance of out running the nuts? You or me?

Did you consult either of your two "hired guns" if they were interested in playing?

14.1 I havent played, race to 10 is too long.

Shawn Armstrong via email said:
Yeah, this is funny. You'll never want to play me for money because you can't win. Plain and simple.

**** off and forget I exist.

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
I thought that's exactly what I offered! I could play him one race, 5/4 for $100, but felt like making it a longer race for double the money. The weaker player usually favours a short race. That's why he's turning it down. The way his "posse" rolls, they like races to 2 for $50, getting a one game spot.

I'm done with Dan. He's like a cold - a pain in the ass that takes too long to go away.

Two weeks ago our race was 5-3, if people like you didnt dump to me all the time, I would still be the same handicap.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Did you consult either of your two "hired guns" if they were interested in playing?

Talked with Mikey tonight. He's OK with it. DJ will play anyone on my dime. That's the benefit I get of being friends with him.