1976 Mali Bicentenial cue pre-ebay offering

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
This is a pretty scarce cue, they were, I believe, made in celebration of the bicentenial in 1976. it is not perfectly straight, but is not too bad and is completly playable. weighs 19.5 and has about a 12.5 tip $200. shipped

Thanks, Jay.

Attachments

• 100_2796.JPG
    100_2796.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 100_2797.JPG
    100_2797.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
nice cue jay, i'm interested. is there a plastic window in the middle over the design. maybe a close up of that part would help.

guy

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
more pics

guycrunch said:
nice cue jay, i'm interested. is there a plastic window in the middle over the design. maybe a close up of that part would help.

guy

Guy,
They are not under a window, I hope these pics help. I have kind of a cheapo camera.

Attachments

• 100_2798.JPG
    100_2798.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 100_2799.JPG
    100_2799.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,038

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
jayman said:
This is a pretty scarce cue, they were, I believe, made in celebration of the bicentenial in 1976. it is not perfectly straight, but is not too bad and is completly playable. weighs 19.5 and has about a 12.5 tip $200. shipped
pm or call me 720-206-8692

Thanks, Jay.

Hello Jay, the cue is not a Bicentennial Issue cue. The cue is part of a Catalog listing from Late 1978 / Early 1979. The cue pictured is a Mali Model 59 and it was Distributed by Palmer Custom cues. You are right though, over all these are not common cues. But as you can see in the catalog you cue is the lowest end one of the cues with Eagles in the Butt.

Below is the Original Catalog and the Original Wholesale price sheet from palmer.

Mali Catalog.jpg

Model 95.jpg

Catalog complete.jpg

Price list.jpg

Hope this helps.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
manwon said:
Hello Jay, the cue is not a Bicentennial Issue cue. The cue is part of a Catalog listing from Late 1978 / Early 1979. The cue pictured is a Mali Model 59 and it was Distributed by Palmer Custom cues. You are right though, over all these are not common cues. But as you can see in the catalog you cue is the lowest end one of the cues with Eagles in the Butt.

Below is the Original Catalog and the Original Wholesale price sheet from palmer.

View attachment 40771

View attachment 40772

View attachment 40773

View attachment 40774

Hope this helps.
Hey Craig,
Were they sold as palmers? When I bought this one fifteen or so years ago, the guy was calling it a mali. I think I will keep it if its a palmer.

Thanks, Jay.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
jayman said:
Hey Craig,
Were they sold as palmers? When I bought this one fifteen or so years ago, the guy was calling it a mali. I think I will keep it if its a palmer.

Thanks, Jay.

They were to my knowledge Mali's, in fact the price sheet I included has them listed as Mali's. I talked with Chris the Palmer Collector, awhile ago about this subject and Chris seems to think the cues were made by Mali and distributed / sold by Palmer Custom Cues.

Currently Jay, that is all I know about these cues. However, I do think they are collectible, and I also think for a collector the price you are asking is good. I think the only down side to what you are doing, is the fact that who knows how many were ever made. I have only seen two like the one you have listed, and I have only seen one of the highest end ones in the last twenty years.

Hope this helps, I would contact Chris, he may have more information!!!!!

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
That is the nuts MANWAON!!

At first post I thought you were smoking his sell, then the second post is very stand up! I am more and more impressed with the people on here every day!!
I just have to give you a + rep for being so damn cool (with the ugly dog). LOL

str88shooter

Registered
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Model 800

I have a beautiful model 800 on EBay right now. It's the top of the line and amazingly although obviously well used the butt and both shafts are dead straight with absolutely no taper roll.