Eddies Tour returns march 17-18 in Austin Tx

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Fast Eddie's in Austin on Saturday to see what the place is like. Nice tables and nice staff. No smoking, and very clean. A refreshing change from Volcanoes in Hurst. I stopped going there because it's filled with chain smokers, I got tired of going home smelling like a dirty wet sock.

The only problem I found at Fast Eddie's, incandescent bulbs over the tables combined with very little air flow. So you have to towel down between every rack. After a few racks I was drenched in sweat so I stopped playing.

A couple of the waitresses asked if everything was ok and I explained the heat and air issue, but doesn't look like they are willing or able to tell the manager about it. Maybe I'm the only person complaining? :)

I guess (or hope) during tournaments something is done about the heat an lack of airflow. No fun practicing more than two or three racks. :)

Poolmouse

Last edited:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Fast Eddie's in Austin on Saturday to see what the place is like. Nice tables and nice staff. No smoking, and very clean. A refreshing change from Volcanoes in Hurst. I stopped going there because it's filled with chain smokers, I got tired of going home smelling like a dirty wet sock.

The only problem I found at Fast Eddie's, incandescent bulbs over the tables combined with very little air flow. So you have to towel down between every rack. After a few racks I was drenched in sweat so I stopped playing.

A couple of the waitresses asked if everything was ok and I explained the heat and air issue, but doesn't look like they are willing or able to tell the manager about it. Maybe I'm the only person complaining? :)

I guess (or hope) during tournaments something is done about the heat an lack of airflow. No fun practicing more than two or three racks. :)

Poolmouse

That is being handled as we speak. iwas there a few days ago too. Thanks!

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice...if the subject on this thread can't be edited ya might want to start a new thread with the correct date. :)

That was done about 2 weeks ago.
About 10 years ago when this Tour was begun, wewent to 3 consecutive events where the air had broken, The was May, June, and July. It was horrible luck then, but has not been an issue since.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was done about 2 weeks ago.
About 10 years ago when this Tour was begun, wewent to 3 consecutive events where the air had broken, The was May, June, and July. It was horrible luck then, but has not been an issue since.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuebald

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What benefit is there to having a membership fee? None of the other toUrs in Texas have one.:rolleyes:

TimSmith

Wanna Be Banger
Silver Member
This is great to hear that the Tour is back!

Will juniors be allowed to play at all the Fast Eddies locations?

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great to hear that the Tour is back!

Will juniors be allowed to play at all the Fast Eddies locations?

i need to check on this but, in the past you had to be 18 to enter at some locations. At thers if under 18 they had to be with a guardian and asked to leave at night when play was done. This has been a grey area I have not fully understood.
I will find out in more dtail tomorrow and post what I have learned.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome Lewis, wish I could be there this weekend, maybe I can make it out when you come next month! Good to know you still kicking! See you soon

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome Lewis, wish I could be there this weekend, maybe I can make it out when you come next month! Good to know you still kicking! See you soon

Good to hear from you too Danny. Still kicking, just not as high. LOL~
We will be at the Fast Eddies on 1960, the Champions location on the 7-8 of April.
Look forward to seeing you!