Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wrong

BiG_JoN said:
Yes it did. You have a very bad memory, you were telling somebody to do it that way (try it out) Check out this attachment...
The sizes i gave (0.495) WERE NOT THE DIAMETER, THEY WERE THE LENGTH. That is the info you gave somebody else.
I'm not dreaming... Pinch yourself...

Thanks,

Jon

Jon.
You show no respect to my family. You sir, drag my family and me through the dirt. We have had enough hurting over the years, without your adding fuel to the fire.

We, as adults, ask you Jon, to please, leave my family and me out of your post. Our private lives are none of your afair.

To the AZ members,

Folks, I want to apologize for this post, and the direction some have taken it..

Janice and me have had to suffer through this, over and over, year after year.

Sorry if this has caused you folks to have some dis-comfort.
thanks
Blud

Metzger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need to apologize Blud. If anyone here has earned to the right to call someone a wannabe cuemaker, it'll be you. Some people think they can make a name for themselves by stirring you up. Just ignore them, sir. I think I can say you're A-1 in many people's book.

blud said:
Jon.
You show no respect to my family. You sir, drag my family and me through the dirt. We have had enough hurting over the years, without your adding fuel to the fire.

We, as adults, ask you Jon, to please, leave my family and me out of your post. Our private lives are none of your afair.

To the AZ members,

Folks, I want to apologize for this post, and the direction some have taken it..

Janice and me have had to suffer through this, over and over, year after year.

Sorry if this has caused you folks to have some dis-comfort.
thanks
Blud

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
A not-so-minor omission

> In the article I mentioned,Thomas said that he found that ivory ferrules tended to SHRINK,due the low humidity combined with the climate,and using yellow cedar allowed it to shrink without cracking,and added that it gave a similar effect to the predator technology as well. I have no reason to doubt either of you fine artisans,and continue to learn from and enjoy this discussion here. As far as the 5/16 metal screw in the end of a shaft,I experimented with that today. I took a junk sneaky pete shaft that was 30 inches long from the joint facing to the bottom of the ferrule,with a seriously damaged ferrule and tenon,and proceeded to try this technique,since I can still just cut it down to 28 with a fresh unbroken tenon,giving me a 29 inch shaft. I used a 2" section of a joint pin that came out of a broken Meucci,drilled and bored to .312,the pin slid in with almost an interference fit. I used Devcon 5-Minute epoxy for the glue,let cure for 4 hours,then installed a LBM ferrule and Triangle tip. The shaft played decent before,especially since it was so long,but hit like a baked potato after this procedure. There was no feel,and accuracy was skittish at best,as I tried all kinds of stuff with it,and you never knew when enough spin or power was enough,it just didn't transfer whatever speed and spin combination you chose,to the cue ball,like energy was being dissipated. I cut the ferrule down,and found totally dry epoxy,so that was not the problem. The shaft was not split,and the pin was a pain in the ass to get out,so there weren't any faults with the work I did,that idea of Dales was totally CRAP. Just to make sure,I cut a new tenon,and installed an identical ferrule and tip,and the totally decent hit returned. Tommy D.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This must be a misunderstanding between you and blud. Let's hope everyone wakes up with cooler heads.

-Roger

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Metzger said:
No need to apologize Blud. If anyone here has earned to the right to call someone a wannabe cuemaker, it'll be you. Some people think they can make a name for themselves by stirring you up. Just ignore them, sir. I think I can say you're A-1 in many people's book.

Hey, Metzger, many thanks, kind sir.

Janice and I, are both tired of others trying to bring us down over family problems of the past. We have no problems within our family. Everything, was and is straightened out. We visit with our son on almost on a daily bases. He now lives in Tenn. Going to see him next week, and take his family to dinner. Can't wait to see my grandchildren.
Problems of the past, no matter if something was said in private, means just that, PRIVATE.

Some folks, as you say, just have to stir.

I'll not be run off by some of these so called, wannabe's..or whatevers?

To my friends, ask away.

I do recommend that for good solid information, make sure your answer is coming from a cuemaker, as so you will not be mis-lead by others with not so good information.[ or 2nd or 3rd hand info, and not hands on experence].

It might be best to direct your questions to your "known" cuemaker, by name and or just address it to the known cuemakers who come here.

[ please only known cuemakers answer the questions] Something along those lines]. Mike, Chris, VH, and a few others. Sorry if I didn't name all.However most of you know who they are. All of them are willing to help.

Anyone can say they are a cuemaker and build a cues, but building it right, only a limited few.

Some folks are trying to gain a reputation on the "AIR WAYS", and have no shop of there own, but claim to be a cuemaker.

You folks are smart enough to read between the lines.

Thanks to all for your support.

Janice and blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap

buddha162 said:
This must be a misunderstanding between you and blud. Let's hope everyone wakes up with cooler heads.

-Roger
Thanks sir.
blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
help

Tommy-D said:
> In the article I mentioned,Thomas said that he found that ivory ferrules tended to SHRINK,due the low humidity combined with the climate,and using yellow cedar allowed it to shrink without cracking,and added that it gave a similar effect to the predator technology as well. I have no reason to doubt either of you fine artisans,and continue to learn from and enjoy this discussion here. As far as the 5/16 metal screw in the end of a shaft,I experimented with that today. I took a junk sneaky pete shaft that was 30 inches long from the joint facing to the bottom of the ferrule,with a seriously damaged ferrule and tenon,and proceeded to try this technique,since I can still just cut it down to 28 with a fresh unbroken tenon,giving me a 29 inch shaft. I used a 2" section of a joint pin that came out of a broken Meucci,drilled and bored to .312,the pin slid in with almost an interference fit. I used Devcon 5-Minute epoxy for the glue,let cure for 4 hours,then installed a LBM ferrule and Triangle tip. The shaft played decent before,especially since it was so long,but hit like a baked potato after this procedure. There was no feel,and accuracy was skittish at best,as I tried all kinds of stuff with it,and you never knew when enough spin or power was enough,it just didn't transfer whatever speed and spin combination you chose,to the cue ball,like energy was being dissipated. I cut the ferrule down,and found totally dry epoxy,so that was not the problem. The shaft was not split,and the pin was a pain in the ass to get out,so there weren't any faults with the work I did,that idea of Dales was totally CRAP. Just to make sure,I cut a new tenon,and installed an identical ferrule and tip,and the totally decent hit returned. Tommy D.

Good mornin Tommy-D,
If I can help you in any way shape or form, please feel free to ask.

I failed to mention the other day, that I soak my ivory ferrules in a real good sanding sealer, before I machine them.
830-232-5991
Blud

Last edited:

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sold out

Michael Webb said:
Tap Tap well said

Mornin mike,

I hope you sold out last night, and they odered more poles. Good for you. The more cues sold, the more it helps our game.
Look forward to seeing you in Mississippi, dec, 7th.

Thanks for your words, my friend
blud

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jon,
I have known Leonard for years and have a lot of respect for his craftsmanship. He was also one of those who inspired me to start repairing cues many years ago. Leonard can be a little short tempered at times, (No offense Leonard) just as I can be. He is human and you are human. Leonard feels you disrespected him. Whether you did or not, do all of us a favor and drop it. You feel he has disrespected you. He is trying to drop it, so please do the same. We went through all this with some of the overseas cuemakers arguing on here and they have finally dropped it. It was ruining threads. You two arguing takes away from the purpose of what these forums are for. Learning and encouraging each other in our craft, helping each other to become better and more effecient.
People have emailed me asking why top cuemakers are on here for a while then seem to quit posting. I don't know, but suspect when threads get turned into verbal slug fests maybe they start to wonder why waste their time, when cuemaking quits being the point.
Bottom line for me at this point is you both are right in your own eyes and nothing is going to change that, so please just drop it and let's JUST talk about cuemaking.
Chris
www.internationalcuemakers.com
www.cuesmith.com

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well said

cueman said:
Jon,
I have known Leonard for years and have a lot of respect for his craftsmanship. He was also one of those who inspired me to start repairing cues many years ago. Leonard can be a little short tempered at times, (No offense Leonard) just as I can be. He is human and you are human. Leonard feels you disrespected him. Whether you did or not, do all of us a favor and drop it. You feel he has disrespected you. He is trying to drop it, so please do the same. We went through all this with some of the overseas cuemakers arguing on here and they have finally dropped it. It was ruining threads. You two arguing takes away from the purpose of what these forums are for. Learning and encouraging each other in our craft, helping each other to become better and more effecient.
People have emailed me asking why top cuemakers are on here for a while then seem to quit posting. I don't know, but suspect when threads get turned into verbal slug fests maybe they start to wonder why waste their time, when cuemaking quits being the point.
Bottom line for me at this point is you both are right in your own eyes and nothing is going to change that, so please just drop it and let's JUST talk about cuemaking.
Chris
www.internationalcuemakers.com
www.cuesmith.com

Many thanks Chris.

Well put.

Blud

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Mornin mike,

I hope you sold out last night, and they odered more poles. Good for you. The more cues sold, the more it helps our game.
Look forward to seeing you in Mississippi, dec, 7th.

blud
Hi Blud
Looking forward to Mississippi as far as last night, Well let's just say I got to sleep late this morning.

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
context

BiG_JoN said:
Blud,

Here is the situation.
I said something.
You took offence.
It was not meant in that context.
You still took it out of context.
I explained what I said, in detail.
You still took it out of context.
We fuss, fight and argue.
Neither of us moved an inch. (Maybe because you type so slow, he he he)

Ok, here is the solution, it's over. We can be friends now. I am actually laughing about it. It's all just a stupid misunderstanding. If what I said, offended you that much (even though it was taken out of context), I am sorry, it was not meant that way. I hope this can all be resolved. Next time we meet, the drinks are on me.

Thanks,

Jon

ok jon
might type slow with one finger, but type how I, see it, friend.Thank the lord, it's over. AMEN.
blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jig

Michael Webb said:
Hi Blud
Looking forward to Mississippi as far as last night, Well let's just say I got to sleep late this morning.

Hey Mike,

I got a new tip jig, used for self centering tips on new or old shafts. You got one coming. May not sell any of them, they works so goooood.Hanger, my man, a Hanger...

blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tip for tipers

BiG_JoN said:
Blud,

Could you go into any detail, so i would know a little more about what it is. Unique Products, has a little plastic thing, lol, with slits for holding the tip center. I never got one, and wouldn't trust it lol... looked wimpy to me.
Sorry, JON, it's mine all mine. They have one that's simular, I'm sure it would work. The big differance is, I do be cuemaker.

They build stuff to be building stuff. You should know that?

I build stuff, BY A CUEMAKER FOR A CUEMAKER.

BIG DIFFERANCE, DON'T YOU THINK???

AS MY MACHINES,

BUILT BY A CUEMAKER FOR A CUEMAKER, AND ON AND ON AND--------------------------

and cues,
CUES FOR POOL PLAYERS, BY A POOL-PLAYER----------------------------[NOT REALLY, QUIT PLAYING POOL, STARTED MAKING MONEY YEARS AGO],
--------------------X, POOL-PLAYER, ----------HOW'S THAT?

Mine is a collet, and looks kinda funny, not at all like a collect should look like. Holds the tip on perfect, everytime.

Hanger, kid, hanger. Maybe some day, maybe.

blud